Avoided the Meeting

by Lloyd Braun 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Well, they wanted to talk about something, but I didn't have the time to meet with them, and luckily, one of the two who wanted to meet missed the meeting himself anyway, so the other said they would reschedule. I told them that last night would have been the best possible time to meet for a while, since my workload is picking up and I will simply not have time on my hands, so whatever it is, it will have to wait a while.

I think I might just stop going to meetings for a while and stop answering my phone and door. I can probably evade enough to become one who is just drifting off for a while. After that, if they want to DF me I will just let nature take it's course. I met a really nice woman recently, and it might develop into a wonderful worldly relationship that I am sure will get the ball rolling on my disfellowshiping.

She smokes and drinks and doesn't believe in anything other than postiive and negative people. She thinks the witnesses are all negative nellies as she called them.

Thank you all for your comments though, it helped with the way things went last night. I also was able to avoid a talk that I was supposed to give last night, which I was totally unprepared for.

Matt

• Gopher
    Gopher
    one of the two who wanted to meet missed the meeting himself anyway,

Obviously it wasn't Jehovah's will for this "meeting" among the 3 of you to happen.

So far so good. I think your course of avoidance is a good way to start getting on with the rest of your life. Pretty soon (or maybe even now) you won't care what a bunch of power-trippers in some little building think about you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

LB, I was looking forward to you saying you avoided the meeting.

It sounds like you are ready to face your unknown future. Congratulations.
    Many will advise you to burn your bridges and move ahead with your own life.
    While that's good advice, take things as slow or fast as you want to. Your
    lady friend might influence that decision- good for you.

I don't really have any Seinfeld euphemisms to slip in here, but whenever your
    elders try to talk to you, you can screen your calls or you can just start to
    talk to them and say, "My Chinese food delivery is here, gotta go." Eventually,
    they will get the point.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Always at least be polite and respectful. The easiest way to get their attention is to have an apparent sudden disregard for the Elder Arrangement. If you want to slip off their radar, just be the average publisher on a downswing.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Congrats on missing their "all-important" meeting. Oh, and congrats on your new "worldly" relationship too.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you dont answer the door or phone and dont talk to them. After a time you will just disappear.

Do you rent? Move to another territory.

I quit going in 83, Nothing ever happened.

But curiosity kills the cat.

You have to leave and stay gone. If you want to go down that road.

I went to a witness family get together last week. No problem.

Because much time had passed and they all moved to different congregations. Nothing stays the same.

If you move to another territory. I dont think anyone will come after you. And if they do. Dont answer the door and screen your calls.

After a few years they will forget about you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thats great news.

doesn't believe in anything other than postiive and negative people

Nice philosophy, sounds like you could be onto a good thing.

• JK666
    JK666

Lloyd,

Way to dodge the bullet!

JK

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

On Ya Mate! Great to hear! Stay strong!

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

fading is good.

i recommend that you stay busy.