Honestly, When You Were A Witness, Were You A Jerk?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you think you were better than everyone else? Did you talk down to people? Were you a know-it-all?

• R.F.
    R.F.

No, No, and No.

Re: Honestly, When You Were A Witness, Were You A Jerk?

No, but I am now!!!

• zeroday
    zeroday

I was a mere shadow. Had a new elder transfer to our hall and never meet him for 1.5 years...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Isn`t that,what we were trained to do?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

umm..but as a JW aren't we better than everybody? we have the truth!!

I guess you could say in some ways I was-

I refused to be nice to the guy who came to the meeting and gave awesome comments simply because he had a beard

• Descender
    Descender

1) Did you think you were better than everyone else?

Yes, but I was always told that I was better than everyone else, so who was I to question.

2) Did you talk down to people?

Back in the JW days .... I tried not to, but sometimes I did catch myself doing it. Like I said, I felt like I was better than other people.

3) Were you a know-it-all?

Yeah, I was a know-it-all, and when I look back on myself it was pretty ridiculous. I knew nothing.

I will have to say, back in those days I had a ton of self confidence. I thought I was god's gift to ..... well, everyone. But with all things that are only a facade, my confidence had to be destroyed several times along the way to where I am today in order for me to actually find out who I truly was, question the witnesses, and find out what life is all about.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I was a product of WTS indoctrination..........that says it all, imo.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As the JWs never really made an impression on me, being a materialistic, friendless and loveless society, I never really thought that the non JWs were really inferior. As I saw them they didn't differ much from the rest of society, they just had some better religious ideas which in practice meant nothing.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

When I was a Witness I was a sanctimonius prick.

I remember sitting in a crowded restaurant and not spoting any fellow believers thought to myself," If Armageddon came right now everyone here would be dead but me!"

After I left the Watchtower one of my co-workers told me I had become much more friendly and easy going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit