Honestly, When You Were A Witness, Were You A Jerk?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would try and out-dazzle Brothers with my spiritual knowlege, and humiliate any worldly people who dare question my beliefs....BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, HUH? ...they are...

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999
    After I left the Watchtower one of my co-workers told me I had become much more friendly and easy going.

I've gotten the same response since I've stopped going.

In fact, someone said I seemed much happier lately-

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was a neurotic, despotic, sanctimonious pain in the gluteus maximus (thanks Nathan Natas).

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

I guess the ultimate compliment that I regularly got was,"You're a Jehovah's Witness?"

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Yup to all of it. I was an elder's wife, and pioneer... you couldn't get anymore judgmental, self-righteous, know it all B then that. I think back and shake my head, how could I have possibly been such a mean person.

Leslie

• Nariko
    Nariko

not at all.

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME, NARIKO!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I goosed stepped with the rest of them.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I wasnt a jerk, but so fearful of the outsiders that it was often suggested that I would drown in a rain shower due to my nose being stuck up so high. Funny thing is though, I truly wasnt stuck up nor a jerk, just conditioned to a life I was trained to live. Being a JW trains you to appear this way, or to live life this way. As you always seem to present yourself as better than others due to the fact that you won't associate with the outsiders, especially those who appear to be the least godly.

Looking back, I do see that I had assumed beliefs of outsiders even after leaving for quite some time. I've since purged those thoughts and beliefs.. and will no longer drown in a rain shower.

Now Im the outsider.. yey!

LTF

• Mum
    Mum

One day I realized that I had been a better person when I was "worldly." Now I am again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit