How many JWs?

by cultswatter 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I know the WTS wants to hit 7 million JW publishers and I think that it will go over 7 million but how much beyond 7 million will it go? We see a slow down in the preaching work and the innoculating effect that the internet has. The JW virus is not as potent as it used to be. The potency of the virus has been downgraded because of the innoculations and the fact that the JWs have softened the blow of the virus by placing tracts in the mail slot - certainly not an effective way to spread a virus. It takes face to face transmission to spread a virus effectively.

I was wondering how many JWs will there be in 10 years or 20 years. Will the number of JWs peak and then go down or will it just peak and stay at a certain level?. If the number of JWs goes down will this have a demoralizing effect on the JWs?

• JK666
    JK666

They lie about everything else, why not fudge the numbers a little to get to 7M?

JK

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Will the number of JWs peak and then go down or will it just peak and stay at a certain level?.

Who's to say those published statistics aren't doctored in the first place anyway? If they want the figures to exceed 7 million ... they will.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Cultswatter, I like your virus analogy to JWs. You're right. In order to grow numbers, they have to

go door-to-door and recruit face to face. But, anybody in their right minds will examine them on the

internet before letting them get to far into their psyche. I think the information highway is going to

destroy them unless they completely change their "look" and their doctrines. If they don't, I believe they will be

a mere shell of themselves within 20 years. But they will have drained the flock $$$-wise by then and

the organization's powers that be will be living high and dry on some paradise island sipping drinks with

little umbrellas in them and thinking, "it was good while it lasted."

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

7,777,777 publshers and then the end will come.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

...does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. They all live in Brooklyn, and they have to keep changing it every day for "new light."

Oops! I thought this was a joke thread...my bad

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can only hope they start losing so many members that they are below where they were last year. But, I wonder how many there would be if I were somehow to be able to throw out the faked time slips and the ones that the hounders wrote up in behalf of people that did not turn in a time slip for the months indicated.

Of course, I believe that they already have more than 7 million members that are active, irregular, or inactive but still could go back without much trouble. The trick is getting them all to turn in reports in the same month. What they do to reduce this "float" is to start aggressively hounding all those who are irregular or inactive, and bringing them into the Hell. Then they beat them into going out in service and then reporting the time on time. This will reduce the "float", and give the illusion that the numbers are growing when in fact all they did was to bring in those who are irregular and force them into activity.

Plus, they are killing off all the escapes. They demonize the Internet, claiming that it is full of lies. They are cracking down on college. They have cracked down on independent Bible studies and using independent sources to verify the accuracy of Watchtower doctrine, even if the sources are not apostate. And now they are telling people not to believe mainstream news sources that have exposing articles against the Tower. That is going to prevent the mass exodus just before the Kool-Aid Puketowers start rolling out. What they really want is to stabilize the numbers, preventing a crash that happens when a scam is exposed.

Beyond that, I don't think they have much left. I remember when they pushed to get a million publishers for the US, calculating that they could do it if every irregular and reactivateable inactive publisher went out during that month. They got their million, but they failed to progress much past this. And they had to do a lot of hounding of people that had been previously left alone, often for 10 years or more, to do it.

I would like to start seeing more Bible studies start doing more research. I suggest at least three independent sources, with at least one on each side. However, I know it's difficult to find an independent source that is pro-JW, and it is going to get a lot harder now that they are cracking down on Witlesses who are promoting on the Internet. So, I will modify this and say that people should just find three or more independent sources regardless of which side they are on, and notice how few the pro sources are for this subject. That ought to be a hint that there is little or no good, and a lot of bad, about the Witlesses.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses are LOSING members and are on the decline. JAPAN LOSES OVER 600 CONGREGATIONS

Japan since the 1970''s has had amazing publisher increases! Every year the number of Jehovah's Witnesses shot up by many thousands. This peaked in 1998, since then the number of Witnesses and Congregations has continued to drop!

1998- Pubs 222,912 Congs. 3,802 {6 Years later}
    2004- Pubs 217,555 {-5,357 Pubs} Congs 3,164 {-638 Congs}

Over 6 years what happened to the 5,357 publishers and 638 Congregations!! This is a mystery like the Burmuda triangle.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/141694/1.ashx MORE insight here

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TD6MUMPLN9MTV9TEP/p5#lastPost Danny Haszard topix thread on Jehovah's Witnesses lose membership comment

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

It was annouced at my meeting last week of the total baptized at all the DC that were held in this country I'm currently living in for the last 2006-2007 service year.

The total? 1,500+ baptized

220,000+ publishers makes the increase 0.0068%

I assume the numbers baptized at all the special assembly days and circuit assemblies will add just a few digits to that increase.

Mind you, I'm living in a well established and respected country on the world scence which just so happens has seen the peak of JW in days gone by. Any country with a less than the meager one percent increase in publishers isn't going anywhere. How many are children of JW instead of adult converts? How many JW have died? How many have faded/DA/DF?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit