should prostitution be legalized?

by John Doe 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Wow Abaddon GOOD POST! Again it's personal choice. It should be legalized and regulated in my opinion.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Nice work Abbadon. Well coveredIf someone can refute that I would be suprized. I guess I'll find out when I wake up. Time to catch some sleep. Night all

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I tried to get my doctor to write me a prescription for sex, but my wife wouldn't fill it. I wonder how that mental dude got his doctor to do that? Hee hee hee.

Oh, as far as people being forced into prostitution goes, I have been in desperate situations before. When I was a single dad, there were times I didn't know what I was going to do to make ends meet. But, I didn't turn to crime! I could have stolen. I could have sold drugs. I could have done any number of things to get quick, easy money, but I didn't. Even though I am college educated, I did menial tasks at night such as painting empty houses, cleaning people's floors, etc., etc. I would just take the portable crib with me and my daughter would sleep while I worked. I literally worked my fingers until they bled to make sure my daughter and myself were taken care of. It can be done, if you want to work.

I think for the vast majority of adults in prostitution, it was a choice that they made. I knew several people who were just as educated as I am that chose to make their living that way. It was quick, easy money, and they financed the rest of their lives with the profits. They can choose to work really hard, or they can get quick, easy money by letting people have sex with them. It was just that simple.

As far as people that are responsible for forcing children into prostitution: I think they should have their gonads ripped off with a rusty razor blade and then fashioned into earrings which they must wear in public for the rest of their lives. ALL adults are responsible for their own actions, but people who do stuff to kids should suffer. I'm talking a pair of vise grips and a blow torch suffer.

So, what was I getting at again? Oh, yeah. I feel no sympathy for adults who chose to be prostitutes, just as I have no sympathy for the guy who picks up my garbage can every Wednesday, and he has a much worse job than the prostitute, in my opinion. He made his choices, and so did the prostitute, so live and let live I say.

• Gayle
    Gayle

If ones truly think that prostitution should be legal and accepted, than I assume it would be okay with them if 'their' sisters or daughters volunteered for the job. Or would it have to be 'other' people's daughters or sisters!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have one question about prostitution: Is the prostitute initiating the use of force, threat of force, or fraud to get money out of the customer? This is the same story as with drugs. In most cases, initiatory force is not a factor in most prostitute deals. And, that being the case, it should be legalized.

What happens when it is criminalized is that you create the need for weapons, a premium for service (more weapons), and problems with avoiding detection. Generally this forces prostitutes into high crime areas, where the police are too worried about shootings to deal with prostitutes. If it were legal, this would not happen. For sure, protection would be created against diseases (that's what condoms are for). And it would lead to fewer of them getting left to rot after they get too old to make money that way.

There is one serious exception to this. Any time initiatory force or fraud is used to get people into the business, that should be illegal. Going to schools and colleges to trick people into working for you as prostitutes, and then forcing them to stay in under death threats, is grossly wrong. This should definitely not be legalized, since initiatory force, coercion, and/or fraud is used to get people working for you as prostitutes and forcing them to make a certain quota of money under coercion. These people are not taken care of properly, and often have to work in deplorable conditions. The pimps that do that should definitely be taken care of, with nice long jail sentences (say, 50 years per offense) or left to be ostracized until they can repay the damage they cause society by imprisoning the workers.

Under no circumstances should the customers be punished. They should remember that prostitutes working for themselves are more likely to be clean (that is, not having diseases) because they can choose not to accept a client that is high risk. Those working for pimps usually do not have that option. If the customers were to favor those working independently, the pimps would lose profits and find themselves looking for real jobs.

Of course, if society wasn't so damn bent on creating and designating losers, the need for prostitutes would disappear. And with it, the profit from it. If there is no demand, and no profit, you will have no prostitution and no sexual repression. That would solve that problem without a single criminal penalty. And, that would take care of the pimps that "own" numerous "whores" that are supposed to be making them money--without the demand, they cannot make the money and the whole business would implode.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Most women are buysexual

And he wonders why he isn't getting any.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular
    Most women are buysexual
    And he wonders why he isn't getting any.

Hee Hee Hee. I DO get some, but not as much as I would get if I were to present the giver of the sex with a new set of 1/2 Karat diamond earrings! (Which I am doing tonight, because it's her birthday! See, I'm not a bad guy after all!)

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    If ones truly think that prostitution should be legal and accepted, than I assume it would be okay with them if 'their' sisters or daughters volunteered for the job. Or would it have to be 'other' people's daughters or sisters!

It already is people's sisters and daughters, except when they get raped and mugged they can't go to the police because it is illegal.

Thousands of years hasn't quelled the desire for people to seek it or offer it, I see no issue with legalizing it to make it safer.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hee Hee Hee. I DO get some, but not as much as I would get if I were to present the giver of the sex with a new set of 1/2 Karat diamond earrings! (Which I am doing tonight, because it's her birthday! See, I'm not a bad guy after all!)

Happy B day to her!

Sex with your partner should never be a reward for what they buy you. Maybe I am totally alone on this, I don't think so, but, sex should be something you want to give each other, out of desire and hopefully love, not do this and you'll get it mister or vice versa. Sounds like the barter system to me.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have done certain tasks that my wife either cannot do herself or just does not want to. Each time I am "paid" but not with money. Who's the prostitute? We have a very happy healthy sex life but I get "bonuses" for taking on extra jobs. Who is using who? What if neither party feels used? You can have a business deal with both parties benefiting. My wife was even told by a therapist that those little "business" transactions" can be a healthy part of a marriage as long as there are no power plays or manipulation involved.

Until women can use thier bodies freely in a business deal if they so choose to then they are still being represssed. I can name off many states that think thay are so progresssive and forward thinking but still tell women what they can and cannot do with thier bodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit