EX-JW co-host on The View doesn't know if the Earth is flat or round

by DevonMcBride 26 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

With the new talent like that, watch the ratings sink fast. Babba Wawa is going to have to rethink this. At one time it was fun. The only funny person left it Joy Behar.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Sherrie was just nervous. She's new to that show and hasn't been a major celeb phenom in any case. Take it in context. I like her. She is one of us-be nice! I am positive she knows the earth is round. Not a huge issue in any case. I hope the ex JW part is explored in the future!

Shelly

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

You know what that show needs? A female version of Stephen Colbert, or maybe just the real version.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think it came out by her as sarcasm, maybe because whoopie was pushing the evolution theory which obviously not of her belief

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom
    Sherrie was just nervous. She's new to that show and hasn't been a major celeb phenom in any case. Take it in context. I like her. She is one of us-be nice! I am positive she knows the earth is round. Not a huge issue in any case. I hope the ex JW part is explored in the future!

I agree. I reallly don't think she wanted to get into an argument about evolution with the other ladies, and when queried about the earth being flat, she just got sarcastic. Sometimes I do the same thing, I answer what I feel is a silly question with a silly answer and I'm sarcastic, but I sound like I'm serious. I have met her in person, we exchange emails. I've attached a photo of her and I together taken a few weeks ago in Long Beach, California I hope the photo comes out and that I've done this correctly.

Cynthia

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    You know what that show needs?

The plug pulled?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I don't know why people are giving excuses for her dumbass statements. That woman definitely does not know whether the earth is flat or not. She even said it a couple of times ! HA Ha HA Ha !

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Are you saying that it isn't Circular?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sarcasm?

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Is the world flat?

SHERRI SHEPHERD: Is the world flat? (laughter)

GOLDBERG: Yes.

SHEPHERD: ...I Don't know.

GOLDBERG: What do you think?

SHEPHERD: I... I never thought about it, Whoopi. Is the world flat? I never thought about it.

BARBARA WALTERS: You've never thought about whether the world was round or flat?

SHEPHERD: I tell you what I've thought about. How I'm going to feed my child-

WALTERS: Well you can do both.

SHEPHERD: ...how I'm going to take care of my family. The world, is the world flat has never entered into, like that has not been an important thing to me.

ELIZABETH HASSELBECK: You'll teach your son, Jeffery, right?

SHEPHERD: If my son, Jeffery, asks me 'is the world flat,' I guess I would go...

I don't get it. I've never seen sarcasm employed like that. It looks like she really doesn't know or care. Now, of course she may just be pretending to be desperately ignorant but that's hardly sarcasm.

Anyway, she later described the event as a "senior brain-poopy moment" and claimed she knew all along that the world was round, and she just forgot. Which of course can happen to anyone. (That's sarcasm.)

She didn't mention whether her not believing in evolution was caused by a similar cerebral turd, or if she was just being sarcastic.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

One more ignorant celebrity giving opinions about things of which they have absolutely no knowledge. She may have left the Witnesses, but seems to have remained a disciple of WTS "science."

Guess she didn't leave the JWs to get an education, eh? So sad, even if it was a case of nerves.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit