EX-JW co-host on The View doesn't know if the Earth is flat or round

by DevonMcBride 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
  • ronin1
    ronin1

Based on scientific pics and pics from astronaunts, etc, I cannot believe she said she does not know if the world is flat.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Was she out sick the day they taught about Christopher Columbus in Elementary school?

She obviously doesn't subscribe to Google Earth.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I forgot about Sherri Shepherd having been raised a JW.

So -- she's so worried about feeding her kids, but evidently not worried about passing on knowledge.

The world is round? That's just something for them scientists to be fussin' about !!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

she knows the shape of the earth. she was using it as a tactic to avoid whhoooppii's quwerstchin.

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Devon, she was using a tactic called "dry sarcasm". It's what I do everytime some JW at the door asks me a really stupid question. I have met her in person and she is definitely NOT stupid. Before she was an actress and comedian, she worked as a paralegal secretary. She hasn't gone through her life in a vacuum. She left the Borg when she was 18 years old, and she's what about 41 now, I think. She and I are friendly and exchange emails every now and then.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

And some of you thought Rosie was an idiot. Unbelievable. "sigh"

• Gopher
    Gopher

IP-Sec and Byrmichmom,

Sherri also said "she doesn't believe in evolution, period". So was she being tactical or sarcastic with that too?

I honestly believe her when she says she doesn't believe in evolution.

So at what point in the discussion did she turn from serious to sarcastic? I didn't see any wry smile, or indication from here, that she was using sarcasm. Maybe I am reading her incorrectly, though.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

IP-Sec and Byrmichmom,

Sherri also said "she doesn't believe in evolution, period". So was she being tactical or sarcastic with that too?

I honestly believe her when she says she doesn't believe in evolution.

So at what point in the discussion did she turn from serious to sarcastic?

Hey Gopher,

1. Serious and sarcastic are not mutually exclusive.
    2. There was a time when I did not believe in "evolution period", but I still knew the earth was not flat.
    3. It was obvious to me that she did not want to go where whoopi was taking the conversation. She saw that the trap cometh. Avoidance and misdirection are common tactics used to steer a conversation away from something you dont want to address.

• tula
    tula

Confessions of a JW upon learning the real truth...

"In and out and roundabout..

All that I hold true, I doubt."

Maybe she thought she knew it was round at one time..... like so many other things she thought she knew for truth.

just another case in point how this fds stuff can screw with your sanity and perceptions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit