How Honest Are You Really???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At times I get opportunities to buy "hot" stuff. I'll never forget the time I was approached in Boston by a guy who was selling beautiful full length minks out of his trunk (with pricetags still attached!). He wanted $400!!!

My wife was disturbed that I would pass on such a good deal. The greed at the moment got to her a little bit. I felt more comfortable buying a mink for her from Macy's that was originally $5000 and with XMas discounts and coupons and opening up a new charge account, I paid around $1500. (I felt good when she wore that coat!).

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A couple of years ago I purchased a large pipe cutter from Sears. It cost about $50 or so.

They sent me a case of SIX.

I wrote to them, and they seemed uninterested in getting the other five items back. That's $250 in "missing inventroy."

I did a bit of research to find out who at Sears had ultimate oversight of their inventory - some VP in chicago, if I recall. I wrote to him and explained what had happened.

No reply.

I sold the five extra pipe cutters on eBay at an attractive discounted price off of retail.

EVERYBODY was happy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Min, those discount mink coats are quite often from China, and they are DOG, not mink.

The fur is left over after they make a pot of Hou Ndo Gchow, so why waste it?

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, maybe my ex is wearing dog.

• Nathan Natas
  • minimus
    minimus

Nathan, that website is unbelievable. Very sad, indeed.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Oh, man I just remembered something. Earlier this summer I got a UPS delivery of two bottles real nice wine, unfortunately it wasn't my name on the package, so I told the delivery guy that this wasn't my package. :( I can't remember the name of the winery, I think it was Silver something or other, and it was in California.

• ness
    ness

im so honest its annoying! when it comes to money and paying for shit Im just so switched on that if its not right (even when its in my favour) i involuntarily point it out....seriously, i dont think Id have a problem walking away if i consciously knew i was being undercharged....but its just force of habit. doesn't matter too much i spose...its only creating good karma.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I feel that ultimately, it is up to each person to look after their best interest.

My best interest is to not be OVERCHARGED, and the merchant's (or his employee's) best interest is to avoid being UNDERPAID. I don't care for bartering type situations because I don't know where to begin setting a value. Just stick a number on it, and if I want it, I'll give you that much. If you give me six for the price of one, well, thank you very kindly.

Would I want someone to alert me if the situation was reversed? Sure. I would also like roasted chickens to fly into my mouth, but I don't think that is going to happen any time soon either.

I don't consider it theft, because I am not being deceptive or sneaky. They are being careless and ignorant. Education is expensive.

• minimus
    minimus

I hope the roasted chickens are treated like the dogs are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit