who's fault is it?

by bigdreaux 44 Replies latest social relationships

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks, journey-on, you summed it up beautifully!

I fault both, too. But the sinister Watchtower more, much more, because they actively program
    and demand their dupes to seek out new victims to throw on the pyre.

OUTLAW is also correct: I could just have easily been raised Moonie or Scientologist, due to
    family circumstances. The JWs just got to mom first.

~Sue

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Yes the individual holds responsibility for their own adult choices, however, that's on the assumption that the individual has learned the tools of critical thinking, has learned the value of their own worth. Something no jw lifer was ever taught! I do not think any of us can look at someone who has grown up life long in it and say, well they must be an idiot, I see it, why can't they?

Oh sweetstuff, all of my comments, just like bigd's question, are referring to people who were not raised as a JW. Like he mentioned, we had no choice and we didn't learn the critical thinking skills needed to make such a decision. However, due to being the kick ass, intelligent chicks that we are, we were able to decifer what we thought was right and wrong. Everyone on this board should be commended for that, whether they grew up as a JW or became one later in life. It's what we are doing NOW that matters.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Humans have a natural desire to get involved in humanitarian issues and want to work towards a community spirit - to me very compelling reasons why people become JWs.

That's exactly why I became a JW. I was young and full of vigor and vim. I just had to get this life-giving, life-saving info to people! Woe unto me if I did not spread the message!

That was me 36 years ago. Who's to blame? That is for the Righteous Judge to decide. But, I do know this much: When I found out how devious that WTS really is, I exited stage left.

Sylvia

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Oh sweetstuff, all of my comments, just like bigd's question, are referring to people who were not raised as a JW. Like he mentioned, we had no choice and we didn't learn the critical thinking skills needed to make such a decision. However, due to being the kick ass, intelligent chicks that we are, we were able to decifer what we thought was right and wrong. Everyone on this board should be commended for that, whether they grew up as a JW or became one later in life. It's what we are doing NOW that matters.

Agreed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is mainly the fault of the WTS for exploiting the general public's naivity and ignorance to ensnare them in their elaborate web of deception. To a small extend the individual JWs or at least their more intelligent members are also responsible for failing to see the obvious signs of lying and manipulation.

• JK666
    JK666

The WTB&TS's. The GB's. They are the ones that promulgate the mind control that members succumb to.

Evil c'suckers!

JK

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

I blame myself. I went along with it because it made me happy at the time, even though I didn't think god was there. I got baptized for a number of reasons, not devotion related.

I think the society in a way is a bunch of regular JW's with more power, they themselves are scared of breaking rules, so they make more, enforce them harder and whatnot.

I met several higher ups. They are regular guys that make mistakes and a lot have been to jail, suffered hardship, and had many trials, not saying they are incapable of crimes against fellow humans, but that they too are human.

When you have people in a position where they fear their own power that they have been given, or given themselves. It is scary.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

bigdreaux

I blame myself for believing it all these years. When we were first introduced to WTS as small kids,we were impressed how nicely dressed everyone was,how there were no images of Christ on the walls,how they had different speakers instead of one,and how they used the Bible to teach. Also,they didn't smoke,drink,gamble,take drugs,and gave their time to teach the Bible to people who would show an interest.

Now,I believe that the WTS is just a book publisher and real estate corporation. The selling of books,magazines,and the recent selloff of properties show me that they hide their real interests. The 12 men have alot of power only on those who do not think for themselves. The constant demand to do more proved to me that they want to be served and not God. God is not that demanding that we need 3 meetings per week,fill out time cards to show how much time we spent in field service, and the constant reminder about serving the ''FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE''.

• sspo
    sspo

I would love to blame the society for brainwashing it's members but many of us that were already adults

and went thru the process of studying the bible with a jw and were convinced it was the truth should take responsibility for our decisions.

The exception is for those that are born into it and really never had a choice, being brainwashed from day one and pushed into baptism at an early age. While i'm out of the organ. i still have kids in the borg. that are happy serving Jehovah and for now there is nothing i can do about it.

Right now my mission is to tell everyone i meet about the cruelty an bloodguilt of the watchtower organization.

It should be mentioned that the watchtower is not the only one that brainwashes its members, every religion out there is doing the same thing and it's members are willing to die for their belief.

• flipper
    flipper

Let's see, where do I begin? Charles Taze Russell, J.F. Rutherford, Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz , Ted Jaracz ( yeah, especially him, big time ) , and all the other members of the alledged " governing body " who exercise cultlike mind control on the Jehovah's Witnesses members by threatening them with expulsion, essentially for just the small thing of disagreeing with their unjust and wrong practices. Yes, as some people have mentioned it is each person's responsibility to make an informed intelligent decision. But who of us would ever have imagined that the things the witnesses told us were not to be trusted ? They represented themselves as God's spokesmen, are we to blame for the smooth promises and words these bastards used to appeal to our sense of wanting a better life? I don't think so.

What happens with the witnesses is they promise you all these grandiose things , but there is a catch to it all. You have to give up your free will and mind to the cult. Then once in , you are their captive audience , for public talks, watchtower studies, book studies, school and service meeting. You are told if you don't attend these or do field service you are doomed for destruction eventually. It would be like a guy promising you an elixir or potient to live forever, but holding a gun to your head telling you you have to follow only his rules or you will be shot and killed. Hell of a choice. Yeah, I guess most people would do what that guy says out of fear of dying. In my opinion, that is why most witnesses are in it, out of fear. They might have doubts, but they stay in it, just in case the witnesses are right, too scared to chance leaving. So yes, I mainly blame the governing body for instilling such an evil fear in these people where they are too scared to really live. They need to get free, but most won't. It's sad. They are controlled by the org. they call "mother". Really weird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit