who's fault is it?

by bigdreaux 44 Replies latest social relationships

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Ya know, I think it just might be the organization's fault. I say this because they RECRUIT members! Nobody just walks into a Kingdumb Hall and says "Hey, gimme somma THAT!". The JWs have their service meeting every week to learn new techniques to make new converts. They have "membership" drives certain times of the year to get people to pioneer to recruit more members. Most of the WBTS efforts are centered on new ways to convince more people to join. More people aren't looking to become Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses are looking for more people. That's the difference.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

wow dorktacular, i think you nailed it. very very good point.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Blame it on a free and open capitalist democracy

Publishing house becomes a religion / religion becomes a publishing house

It's ironic when think about how the U.S. allows freedom of any religion to be practiced within their country yet

the WTS claims that all governments are Satan controlled and devised !

• changeling
    changeling

The fault lies with those who institute the rules and then make sure they are followed or else. That's the Society.

People are to a degree accountable for allowing this to happen, but you have to remember that "new ones" are not taught how things really work. By the time the are "comitted", they are in too deep to turn around and feel they will lose their lives if they do. Add to that the social and psychological pressure of losing loved ones, and you're in for life.

Least accountable of all are those "born in" who just don't know any better.

changeling

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

My own opinion is that it's a person's fault for not investigating (even before internet) before committing. There are several red alerts that would pop up to your average person (no offense)...

On the other hand, once you are baptized, it's the society's fault for making it so difficult to leave. All the emotional blackmail, etc..

Of course those of us raised in it are a whole different story..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit