who's fault is it?

by bigdreaux 44 Replies latest social relationships

• eclipse
    eclipse

Good point.

There are two types of sheep then.

the blind meek followers and the ones who only serve to gain everlasting life.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    it's all about the pay out

Why do you think it took me a good 10 years to fade? I still wanted eternal life. I think in 30 years I probably prayed a total of about 10 times. I didn't care about or love this being called Jehovah.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I put the blame on the society. They have the information to know they are in the wrong. However, they do not want to admit this, so they continue to spew lies to cover themselves.

And you don't think this exact thing applies to the rank and file as well? Face it, we all have free access to just about any information we want.

• metaspy
    metaspy

John Doe - but if you put the computer with all the information in the world on the other side of a mine field.
    how many people would risk it?

the society will blow you out of the water if you even head toward researching anything they have already researched.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Its a combo like a burger and fries. The society misleads, people choose to be mislead. Ying and yang baby!

• John Doe
    John Doe

That mine field only exists in the minds of those who allow it. Each person has a responsibility to analyze information he's given. Failure to do so can not honestly be blamed on anyone but the individual.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    The society misleads, people choose to be mislead

The Org misleads because they have supposedly 6.7 million people who will believe every single word they say w/o questioning it. We all have a brain; it's up to each INDIVIDUAL as to whether or not it will be used.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

when it comes to the society, are they to blame for the control they use upon the members, or is it the peoples fault?

should we blame the society for tricking people? or is it the people that let themselves be tricked? this doesn't count if you were born into the borg. you never had the choice to begin with and all you can do is try and escape.

but, who do you feel is MOST at fault here? remember, without the members, the org. is powerless to do anything.

I feel that the society is most at fault because as leaders they are in a position of oversight and control - they know/can know how damaging the organisation is to its members especially to the vulnerable ones. Lots of individuals have written in to the society to tell them about the horrendous conditions that many labour under. But they don't make changes to alleviate suffering and hardship.

Humans have a natural desire to get involved in humanitarian issues and want to work towards a community spirit - to me very compelling reasons why people become JWs.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I feel that the society is most at fault because as leaders they are in a position of oversight and control

Who allows them to be in that position?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I suppose I grow weary to the lack of personal responsibility that seems to be popular. People sue cigg companies cause they like ciggs, McDonalds because they have no self control, etc. etc. We're quickly becoming a society where the individual has no responsibility--all the responsibility is being placed with others to look out for the well being of the individual. That's not right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit