who's fault is it?

by bigdreaux 44 Replies latest social relationships

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

when it comes to the society, are they to blame for the control they use upon the members, or is it the peoples fault?

should we blame the society for tricking people? or is it the people that let themselves be tricked? this doesn't count if you were born into the borg. you never had the choice to begin with and all you can do is try and escape.

but, who do you feel is MOST at fault here? remember, without the members, the org. is powerless to do anything.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I put the blame on the society. They have the information to know they are in the wrong.
    However, they do not want to admit this, so they continue to spew lies to cover themselves.

• Gopher
    Gopher

In humanity, it is natural to find a population of skeptics and a population of willing believers.

The WTS primarily picks on willing believers who are needy perhaps due to some trauma in life, and sells them on their brand of hope.

And those of us who came in to the organization as children, are the 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation of those who the WTS picked on.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    without the members, the org. is powerless to do anything

I think you summed it up best in your last sentence, dear. Just like an abusive spouse or children who live at home until they are 40; people are going to behave in the manner in which they are permitted to behave.

• Mum
    Mum

Personally, I don't like the blame game.

That having been said, people who are likely to become JW's are impaired in critical thinking skills, judgment, social skills, mental health, self esteem, or have life crises of one kind or another. They are promised paradise and led into hell.

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

I don't think it's the members. We all have our weaknesses that can be exploited by nasty people/groups. I guess we could avoid that, but we shouldn't have to be suspicious of everybody and everything all the time. Just my two cents.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I put most of the blame on the society, but the members need to hold some accountability as well.

Active witnesses are greedy and selfish. Most aren't interested in serving God, they are interested in living forever. The society capitalizes on that greed and extorts time and money from them. If the GB announced tomorrow that a new light revealed there was no heavenly hope or resurrection, but that Jehovah still wanted people to serve him and preach, the organization would immediately collapse.

• eclipse
    eclipse

The society's fault.

They could apologize for fasle prophesying, but they wont even admit to prophesying.

They blame the r&f for making up 1975

They blame victims who speak out against their molesters by disfellowshipping them

They LIE by misquoting professionals to advocate their own propoganda.

They LIE by changing the Bible to suit their doctrines

And they try to hide those lies by not letting the R&F do extra research or listen to ex witnesses.

If they had nothing to hide, they would have no qualms with a full investigation into their doctrines,

But they call anyone who questions or who wants to investigate, an opposer or apostate.

The sheep are sheep because they are told it is a good thing to be a sheep, so they blindly follow.

If they were told to use their own thinking and reasoning, and they still believed, well then, that is their own stupidity.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Active witnesses are greedy and selfish. Most aren't interested in serving God, they are interested in living forever. The society capitalizes on that greed and extorts time and money from them. If the GB announced tomorrow that a new light revealed there was no heavenly hope or resurrection, but that Jehovah still wanted people to serve him and preach, the organization would immediately collapse.

very good point, that's how i feel also. witnesses act like it's love of god, it's not, it's all about the pay out.

• carla
    carla

That's the $64,000 question isn't it? I go back and forth myself all the time, victim or willing victim? The coersive thought reform techniques used gives us pause to think 'it is mind control' but on the other hand there is so much information available today and yet the jw refuses to look. They claim apostate, we claim if your faith is truth it should stand up to scrutiny, the jw fails to do what they ask all others to do at the doors, take a hard look at your religion, look at your history, etc...

Other days I am just pissed off at my jw for his abandonment, the abandonment of our children and family I have no tolerance for namby-pampy hold handing psychobabble. But then I have the days I feel such pity for him. Guess I'm as nuts as him somedays.

The failure on jw's part to research when they can see for themselves the destruction left in the wake of the wt is incomprehensible to me. Guess we all justify what we choose to in life and in my opinion jw's are masters at justifying everything and anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit