Do you expect women in a marriage to be weak?

by John Doe 67 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

The hard part is walking the fine line where each party's needs are being met (mentally, physically and emotionally) and everyone still has enough space and free time.

Part of what attracted me to my last partner was that she had her own schedule and agendas. When she had time she'd drop by, it was nice to have someone there fairly frequently but not all the time. As they say, abscence makes the heart grow fonder. People need time apart from each other (or at least I do) so that we don't drive each other crazy.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"I thought the saying was ''sadness often wears a mask of laughter''"

I've not heard that one--I just made mine up. Several things easily fit the basic premise, however.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Damn, just realized I'm over 2000 posts. That's depressing.

• eclipse
    eclipse

We missed that, JD

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

No but when I extend my arm I do expect them to immediately put an ice cold bottle of beer in it, and possibly even parade around the house in a skimpy outfit that brings me pleasure and makes me feel funny inside.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    People need time apart from each other (or at least I do) so that we don't drive each other crazy.

I completely agree BigW, nothing worse than when you are thinking, I wish you would leave! I personally love my space and have had a hard time with someone who was always over my shoulder, but there is a happy medium as you suggested. Clingy is not attractive in either sex.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You know JD, if I we're a girl, I'd have an awful time resisting your charm.

I don't know how you keep them away.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Last night the game was on and the hubby was still asking me questions and talking to me. In my mind I was thinking, "isn't there somewhere he can go watch the game with some guys and have a couple of beers"?

As if he could read my mind he said, "you want me to go out and leave you alone don't you"?

BINGO!!!!! After 25 years he can read my mind, FINALLY!

My point, we all need our own space. Women don't want their man around 24/7 just as men don't want their woman around 24/7. It's not all about the man!!!! Weak no! Emotional sometimes, but just as strong when we need to be!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit