Do you really want to save us?

by nvrgnbk 77 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, my first experience with Christianity post-jaydub was at "the church for atheists with children".

Okay, that remark is something of a misstatement. The UUA is actually post-Christian, but it began as two separate but compatible Christian denominations: the Unitarians and the Universalists.

Anyway, the most important idea that I took away from that religious experience was universalism. I never fight for anybody else's salvation because I'm convinced it's not necessary: salvation, whatever that means, is inevitable. Or, to put it more poetically: after we die (assuming we have something like an immortal soul), we fall into, or are transmuted into, a landscape of flame and light. If you have any experience of love, it's heaven. If not, it's hell purgatory. Nevertheless, since I believe we continue to learn after we die, you can escape any time.

As far as I can see, it is only in this limited sense that "Hell is real," as my favorite evangelical preachers like to say (without ever adding any details when I was in earshot).*

*Rev. Franklin, Starlight Cathedral, Oakland, California; Rev. Cobbs, Harmony Baptist Church, Oakland, California.

gently f eral

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nark, you get so few replies because you're such a genius no one can understand what the hell you're talking about!

I get what you're saying about tone.

I guess if some choose to question my sincerity of my query, the love of the Christ is not in them.

• JH
    JH

Try to convince those of us that have lost our faith to accept Jesus Christ and all that that acceptance entails.

Pretend that our lives( eternal) depend on it.

OK' I'll do my best to convince you that you need Jesus in order to drink beer eternally.

To please God, you need faith, and you can't only depend on your 5 senses in order to see God.

You have to follow blindly, so the first thing you need is a 4 door car, with AC if possible.

Then you .............Awwww forget it....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve got Stocks in Rand Cam..The WBT$ and I,need a War and something to Blow-Up!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OMG, JHRat and OUTLAW!

You're killing me!

Where is the lovely herbiscuitsareonfire when we need her?

Thanks, GF.

That was a pretty cool response, but not very orthodox. LOL!

I need a true born-again Christian to save me or it wont feel right.

It's nothing personal.

It's me.

Not you.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I need a true born-again Christian to save me or it wont feel right.

It's nothing personal.

It's me.

Not you.

I'm assuming that I don't count...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You're being shunned AO!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...."Herbiquitsareonfire"..Who wouldn`t want a woman like that!!..That is a Frigg`n hilarous board name!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You count and then some, AO.

But you're rather unorthodox too.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    You're being shunned AO!!!

You count and then some, AO.

But you're rather unorthodox too.

I'm sure that's a good thing... Question... what do you need saving from ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit