Do you really want to save us?

by nvrgnbk 77 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Great question NVRGNK,

And some equally great replies. Most were obviously very sincere.

From my perspective I would like to make this comment.

I was a believer. A real believer.

I believed it all. Deep down. All the time. I prayed to Jehovah like I would talk to my best friend. I believed he was listening.... no I KNEW he was listening. We were tight.

Then I had my awakening.

Now I find myself questioning everything. Evaluating everything.

Since the big awakening occured, I have found the need to take a step back. To cleanse my mind and soul of all the beliefs that I obtained from an organization that was built on lies and foolishness, and start anew.

I consider myself a spiritual person, yet my intellect is telling me that there is a possibility that God does not exist. That the bible is a collection of writings that is not inspired by any superhuman force. This makes me sad. I want to believe. Yet I do not want to believe in something that is not real. I want reality. I want to believe in things that our real. I want to be a good person. I want to do the right things.

I have no answer yet.

I am in evaluation mode.

No prejudice.

No pre-conceived ideas that can never be challenged. No beliefs to get defensive about.

If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

The Oracle.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We are of EXACTLY the same mind, Oracle.

I am hurt.

I am empty.

But, I am open.

Peace to you, brother.

• JH
    JH

Drink my beer and eat my chips, and you'll live happy

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

And peace to YOU, my brother!

I had a feeling we were on the same page.

And JH - anyone who offers beer has to be alright too! Thanks!

• sparrow
    sparrow

Hey nvr - I guess I agree with you on this one. I'm starting to think it doesn't matter if God exists or not - as it was mentioned - he/she doesn't obviously care about what goes on down here anyway. I used to pray too - but can honestly say I never felt holy spirit and never felt better for it. Nothing ever changed either. Was I praying to the wrong God? If I was sincere about it (although decieved by WT) and I was god I wouldn't have minded.

You gotta find your own way and enjoy what you can now of the life you have. Thank god whoever invented beer and wine...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Personally, I don't even care anymore. God can reveal himself to us anytime he wants, just a simple shout down from the heavens to let us know he's there. But I refuse to spend another minute agonizing over whether or not I'm pleasing him.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Okay, nvrgnbk, I'll save you buddy. What are friends for, eh?

The form of worship that is pure [undefiled] is to care for those who cannot care for themselves, and to do so out of motivation by love, while having faith and believing that what you are doing will work out well for that person. This doesn't mean just clothing them, feeding them, and getting them needed medical care; it also means teaching them, honoring and dignifying them as humans, helping them learn to lift themselves up from a condition where they need so much help, and providing opportunities for them to rise up with dignity and self-respect.

How's that? Do any believers or non-believers disagree, or do we have cross-boundary concensus on these points?

Now that that's settled, how about another "Car Bomb" tonight, if I can get the night off?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Okay, nvrgnbk, I'll save you buddy. What are friends for, eh?

Thanks, AuldSoul! You are a proven friend.

The form of worship that is pure [undefiled] is to care for those who cannot care for themselves, and to do so out of motivation by love, while having faith and believing that what you are doing will work out well for that person. This doesn't mean just clothing them, feeding them, and getting them needed medical care; it also means teaching them, honoring and dignifying them as humans, helping them learn to lift themselves up from a condition where they need so much help, and providing opportunities for them to rise up with dignity and self-respect.

How's that? Do any believers or non-believers disagree, or do we have cross-boundary concensus on these points?

I like it! Sounds terrific!

Now that that's settled, how about another "Car Bomb" tonight, if I can get the night off?

If we intend for it to happen, it shall.

LOL!

Car bomb for the Birthday Boy.

That "nasty" Belgian stuff for me.

Happy Birthday, bro!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit