Rutherford's last book Children 1941-"Don't have kid's till after Armegedon

by Witness 007 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind
    So I stole one from the Hall.

You mean you borrowed it and will return at a later unspecified time right?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's my only antic!

• Gander
    Gander

I clearly remember talks given in the early to mid 80's at district conventions strongly counseling against having children sort of like they strongly counsel against going to college now. In other words, don't do it or you are spiritually weak. Surprised there are any witnesses in their twenties these days.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Most people at Bethel or in full time service are biased against having kids since they made "the sacrifice" why shouldn't everyone else? I know many bethelites who accidently got pregnant and sadly left Bethel. {No kids allowed except for special brothers.} I know many Sisiter why have cried many tears due to not having thier own child.

• jaada
    jaada

i heard that so often when i studied. i knew many couples who were newly married and wanted kids but didnt do it cause of what the witnesses would tell them. they said it wasnt fair to have kids in this system of things. i knew one couple where the wife wanted a baby so badly she babysat everyones kids in the organization including mine, but her faithful husband wouldnt budge on his decision, so she had to go along with it. sad.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea this subject is tough on me as I went and had a vas so my pioneer ex could spend all her time in service. We're divorced, I remarried and the new wife would like a child.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

My favorite uncle...Jim, who is/was/whatever... anointed, decided he and my aunt would not have children. He was waiting for the New Order. Sad, because he would have been a great parent. Very calm, quiet, and patient. They are now in their late '60s.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I know a Bethel sister that had to leave because of getting pergnant, she would go jogging and prayed she would lose it, they didn't want any more, now she has three "accidents"...they are very cute, they both had to leave and find crap jobs in the "world."

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Having kid's is still a mental phobia for me at 36..my wife wants to but I think I'm still alittle programed not to.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

When I was a JW, I knew many brothers and sisters who were going to wait for the "new system" in which to have children. They did wait...for a little while.

They now all have children. Guess they were enlightened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit