Rutherford's last book Children 1941-"Don't have kid's till after Armegedon

by Witness 007 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oompa
    oompa

So would I have been a more stupider Witness believing during the 1940's, or would I be stupider as one believing now?

old stuff really sucks.....oompa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watch. 91 11/1 p.29 {Special Pioneers experience} "In May 1949 I informed Headquarters in Bern that I planned to marry Marthe, and that we desired to remain in full-time service. The reaction? No privledges except pioneering! I was not permitted to give talks...many no longer greeted us, treating us like disfellowshiped people, even though we were Pioneers. We knew that getting married was not un-scriptural."

RUTHERFORD MADE THINGS HARD BEFORE HE DIED!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This was probably brought out in effect to keep all capable publishers to not stop going out in service with the intension to keep their sales up and keep the money flowing in.

The WTS never had much respect for children unless of course they become of age to be publishers themselves.

They never really cared about their intellectual growth or personal achievements, of course they were certainly instilled with the fear of Armageddon and all the death and destruction that it all

entailed.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Proclaimers book p.89 footnote. says Rutherford wife was "too sick" to live in Bethel so she lived in Southern California with son Malcom. Not with Rutherford! He was too sick to live at Bethel as well, so he lived in Bethsarim, San Diego...not with her! POOR HEALTH! She died Dec 1963 at the age of 93!...poor health, what a joke! He probably hated kids.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    So I stole one from the Hall.

No need. A searchable pdf copy is available from Randy Watter's websight, provided by Research Applications Institute. I have also seen other copies available online, of virtually everything from before 1950.

The WTS royally screwed up by not renewing their copyrights to all those "old" publications, which were, of course, going to soon be burned up in the holocaust of Armageddon...so why spend the money?

However, my respects to you for having the courage to read through that putty-googeledobb, and post it, for our amusement, or dismay. I've done the same, and can't believe that I ever believed what I read (which, of course, I did, fully and faithfully).

• Gregor
    Gregor

My mother was one of those children who sat up front and received a free copy. Because of "Armageddons coming!" hysteria her parents took her out of the 5th grade, moved to new location and never put her back in school again. She married at 15 and had me at 17. She is now almost 80, and I helped her and Dad get out over 25 years ago. She remembers the pending Armageddon atmosphere of the 30's and 40's very well .

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It's too bad they didn't all follow his advice.

• VM44
    VM44

Children did not fit into Rutherford's plans.

He used his followers as sales people and legal fodder to be arrested for his show trials.

Children were of no use for those purposes.

--VM44

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Children did not fit into Rutherford's plans.

And that included his own son!!!

• AlphaOmega

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit