Rutherford's last book Children 1941-"Don't have kid's till after Armegedon

by Witness 007 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Printed during W.W 2 on cheap paper this soft cover book is rare. So I stole one from the Hall. Interesting Quotes.

Watch. sept 15 1941 p.283, 288 "Recieving their gift {a free copy} the children clasped it to them, not as a plaything but as the Lord's provided instrument, for the work in the remaining MONTHS before Armagedon."

What nice advice did this "free copy" have for the kids? The title is "Chidren" so your expecting something cute perhaps?

Children book 1941 p.281 "No children were taken on Noah's ark or were born on the ark...this would show it to be proper to wait until after Armegedon to bring children into this world...it is only a few years from the time the other sheep are gathered to the Lord, until Armagedon...those who have infants during Armagedon will have much greater woe...it would be a far greater difficulty to care for them during the great tribulation..."

{Conclusion of book John and his Witness girlfriend talk} "Armagedon is surely near...our hope is that within a few years our marriage will be consumated...and we shall have sweet children. We can defer our marriage till lasting peace comes to the earth. Now we must make no further burdens...we will not see each other for a time..." {They seperate and go Pioneering instead}

Poor John and his ex-girlfriend are still waiting to have kids....today is their birthday...their 86 years old! heh heh!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    "No children were taken on Noah's ark or were born on the ark...this would show it to be proper to wait until after Armegedon to bring children into this world..

Believe me if they had stuck to that the WTS would have died out long ago...

• VM44
    VM44

Ridiculous!

• VM44
    VM44

"the Lord's provided instrument,"

The Lord didn't have ANYTHING at all to do with providing that book!!!"

Rutherford wrote the book, and the Watchtower publishing Corporation printed it!

If this isn't a clear case of DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR then I don't know what is!

--VM44

• Gopher
    Gopher

The alternate title for this book could have been

CHILDREN -- We don't like them -- they get in the way of our life-saving ministry

Comedian W.C. Fields said about children " Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad. " and " I like children. Properly cooked. "

Or was that J.F. Rutherford who said that?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I heard about the "Children" book and how cute, all the Witness kids sat in front of the stage. {Like with the Young people Ask book} Everyone got a free copy...how sweet thanks Judge Rutherford!....then I read it....don't have kid's they'll weigh you down for Armagedon....owwww Judge I hope the parents didn't let them read it, they'll get depression!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My parents went together for 10 years because of this lunacy, Eventually someone at headquarters got married, and it was suddenly ok to marry. It was 1949. After waiting that long to marry, they decided they would not listen to the society about having children. So they had me...and tried to have more.. I had a brother who lived only a day and a half... and that was it.

Coffee

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

CHILDREN -- We don't like them -- they get in the way of our life-saving ministry

Comedian W.C. Fields said about children " Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad. " and " I like children. Properly cooked. "

Very funny Gopher!

It is pretty crazy, when you think about it, isn't it?

The Oracle

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Very funny Gopher!

It is pretty crazy, when you think about it, isn't it?

The Oracle

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

In the early 70s, I knew a couple who were sweethearts in the late 30s and early 40s. I asked them if they had a Kingdom Hall wedding. They said no. They were married by a justice of the peace in the mid-40s. They explained that people thought they were wrong to get married and that people were not married in Kingdom Halls at that time. They, too, had only one child because of marrying late in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit