Did you lead a double life as a JW? Are you leading a double life still?

by Bumble Bee 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• V
    V

Your blind cause you can't see me
    Comin at ya like boo ya!

Er, ahem...resumes proper English...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That shit'll kill ya, sister.

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

Oh, this is all so sad, yet so familiar.

We lived a double life, in a lot of ways (for me, it was heavy metal, rock concerts, THANKSGIVING DINNER, I hid my religion from my friends, etc.), but even after a few years of being out of the cult, we still didn't celebrate birthdays or holidays.

My Mom always had boyfriends that weren't JW, but if I didn't like said "boyfriend", I would immediate tell him that we were JW, and he'd take off running! That was useful.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I like your humor Oompa!

Hell yes!

I mean no, of course not.

oompa

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I guess you could say I'm leading a double life of sorts...

If you count serving as an elder while masterminding and executing a plan to break free every man, woman, and child currently attending a Kingdom Hall from the clutches of the Watchtower's Mind Warping Machinery as leading a double life... then HELL YA.

I'm all double, all the time.

Did I mention, I enjoy the occassional stogey?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

see i couldn't do the double life.i believed in it too much.so every time i did something wrong i ratted myself out to the elders.i was actually on reproof for like 2 years.lol.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, On here I present myself as an XJW apostate atheist but in real life I attend the Pentacostal church and speak in tongues.

• fresia
    fresia

Though not doing anything unscriptual as such, it is really being on here, but to me it isn't it is like I am a paradox. But it is getting harder, like the joy is gone and its hard to go to all the meetings, I have found it has also effected my health, the worry about being found out that I don't agree with the GB.

I am really fond of some in my congregation and know they are really honest sweet people that love Jehovah, and they would see things unfair but that prod along only because they love Jehovah, and there are others you know that are organizational people that love the power, and anything they do underhanded is because of the protection of the congregation.

I just feel that the levee will have to eventually break and we will find a seperation between those that are their for Jehovah and cant stand the hyprocy and others that are there in idolatry for the org. Time will tell, but I hope something happens soon to many are hurting and its ruining lives and families.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Double life?

Is that the same meaning as "being true according to a specific circumstance"?

People change. Times change. Moods change.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• bluebell
    bluebell

Not as such, i was embarrassed to be a witness and would avoid the subject but if it came up I would say I'm one. And as for the witnesses themselves - I was totally upfront that I liked to go out to "clubs" but I did also say that I was into alternative/indie and that if you turned up wearing a skirt and heels rather than doc martins and jeans people thought you were odd, I also told dubs truthfully that I went to dance and didn't mix with anyone but the other dubs that I went with. But I was still bad association. Should have just kept my mouth shut and followed the example of the good little witnoids that others wanted me to be like and led a double life, would have been easier!

As for now - I still don't lead a double life, I don't have to as I have no witnoid partner or friends but I don't tell my witness family that I post here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit