Did you lead a double life as a JW? Are you leading a double life still?

by Bumble Bee 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

The last 3 years in, I was

"Livin' La Vida Doble!!!"

just a little.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks to everyone for your replies. It seems like I'm in good company! lol

Seriously though, it gets harder and harder to maintain things!

BB

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

I remember a lot of "talks" warning people to look for signs that they might be living a "double life". That was a popular topic when I was around.

• Hangin_on
    Hangin_on

I hear alot of people saying they might DA themselves eventually..... If I was going to fade I would never DA myself or try to get DFed.

I am currently DFed and let me tell you no one and I mean NO ONE knows what its like to have your family and friends shun you. For 3.5yrs I've been staring at the walls in "solitary confinement"

You are better off fading and staying that way if you don't want to be in the "Glitterati"

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hangin_on

Thank you for your perspective on your situation. There are very few of my family that are JW that I would care if they shunned me or not. Basically because of our family never being "strong" in the truth, my only uncle and his family have shunned me for a long time anyways. I never hear from my birth mothers side of the family, I haven't seen most of them since my fathers funeral almost 5 years ago, and then before that it was when my mother died when I was three. No big losses there. My older siblings are not JW's, my younger half brother and his family are "out" now too and considering the same action. That only leaves my step mother and a half sister, who most likely wouldn't shun us either. It's more just to have the freedom to be who we want to be without the fear of a DF'ing hanging over our shoulders all the time.

Right now, it's more for consideration for my husbands family that I haven't taken any action.

BB

• memario
    memario

I'm workin on that one hon!

Timing is of the essence

mem

• BFD
    BFD

Somebody please hit me in the head with a frying pan!

BB and Memario are husband and wife? Boy, I'm sloooooow. Sorry BB I didn't mean to hit on your husband.

No wonder it took me 30 years to find out about the freakin lie!

BFD

Um, back to topic, please.

• wings
    wings

I think that everyone in the WTS is leading a double life of some sort. Except the occasional serious groupie couple that no one wants to have over for dinner because everything offends them and they just want to sing kingdom melodies and talk about experiences from the yearbook.

I never was a big drinker until I became a witness. Witnesses have that up there with Catholics in the serious drinkers catagory. The young people always push it to the limit with music and dress, and everything else. Especially in the exempliary families. Making it especailly hard for the looser families in the congregation to try to make sense of it. All because NO ONE CAN DO IT....IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

It's a political labrynth of twists and turns. Unless you are an old man on the GB, put your 3D glasses on, you are going to need some serious manufactured help to get through the course.

• erynw
    erynw

Yes, but "new light" will determine that I was really just waaaaay ahead on the conserving gas idea. Save gas, don't go in service, turn in time. Voila!

• choosing life
    choosing life

It does get old not being able to say what you feel and do things openly. But the alternative is not so good if you have family still worshipping the FDS.

I think most of the dubs are living just as much a double life, if not more. Besides the few totally faithful, most jws are doing everything they say they are not. They want to have it both ways. I find them as materialistic (or more) than others. They overdrink, sleep around and party hardy. It's a social club.

If you're living a double life, you learned it from the masters of deception. How many of them don't believe parts of their teaching, but just keep stuffing it away mentally and carry on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit