So how did the folks in YOUR congregation react to this week's KM?

by Dead Man Joaquin 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shell69
    shell69

I hope they are watching this site; the powers that be should be sh**ting bricks right now. Their lies and hypocrasy are being fully exposed, and available to every one; yes, every one and the touch of a button.

Word of caution for those still attending, protect yourself and don't let your guard down with regard to your contributions on this site; you'll exit the cult when your good and ready.

I'm not attending so dont give a fig if they read this from me. They can't touch me or hurt me anymore and I know exactly what they really are!

Shell

• PinTail
    PinTail

Same here Shell, I agree with a whole hart.

Oh can I say hi to all my ex-brothers in Ogden Utah who really were not my brothers in faith any way.

Hi Bobby I know your in here lurking, and Joe and Rick and Albert, and Robin and Dave and Neil I used to think we were such good friends but it was all a mind trip like the bible says a true friend is loving all the time.

I would say hi to all my elder brother in-laws but they are computer illiterate anyway. (Im haveing fun huh.)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses GO to where defiant naughty dubs are posting

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Does anybody have a scan or even some info on what this particular article says? Wife has been hiding all the juicey stuff from me and I would love to sneak in a comment or two while something like that has just been talked about at the hall.

CLICK HERE

QUESTION BOX

* Does "the faithful and discreet slave" endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?-Matt. 24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.
    Throughout the earth, Jehovah's people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah's organization. Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith." (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.-Matt. 24:45-47.
    It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However, no personal pursuit should detract from what Jesus Christ is accomplishing through his congregation on earth today. In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as "genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith." (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to "shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile."-Titus 3:9.
    For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be "filled with the accurate knowledge of [God's] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God."-Col. 1:9, 10.

Does this sound familiar? Seems to me that the Watchtower is saying exactly what they were saying just ahead of the 'purge' at Bethel in the early 1980's. Of course they have been saying the same things all along, but not as clearly stated. Many statements here just reek of 'fascism.'

Do Jehovah's Witnesses see thru any of this?

Here are just a couple of points that deserve every Jehovah's Witness' consideration:

"a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects"

The Watchtower Society doesn't even call them brothers and sisters, setting up the wall that will be erected when they cast them off for violation of their rules.

"so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible" It is interesting to see how deep the fear is running on this in Brooklyn, New York. If the base population of JW's begin to recognise that the New World Translation is among the greatest frauds ever perpetuated in the name of Christian writ, the walls will begin to fall like Jericho.

"Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith." Now we get to the crux of this article. UNITY of THOUGHT, mind control. In effect; put the Watchtower Society ahead of the Bible itself and all will be fine. [Didn't the Nazi's just suggest to the Jews that they were going to shower before retiring to the barracks?]

"Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight." As if this should really be important to anyone who truly loves the Bible. Why is there no mention of the 'faithful Boreans ?

"In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as "genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith." (1 Timothy 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to "shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile."-Titus 3:9." The comparison does not even fit. The apostle Paul did not warn against examining the scriptures, in fact he was encouraging an examination of the scriptures instead of these other matters like 'genealogies'. The Watchtower Society is using scripture to support not looking at scripture?

"we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications" Not surprising, that.

How many JW's still can't see the doors of the Watchtower's prison swinging shut on them I wonder?

• oompa
    oompa

A buddy from another hall called me this morning about his meeting. We talked ahead of time about it and asked for his thoughts on how the material is reviewed. The entire talk and comments were slanted that these groups must have in mind being "critical" of the Society, that these ones "think they are smarter/better than us", that they were "apostate leaning." He agreed with me that the article says nothing about their motive being bad. Motive is not mentioned. The conductor did have the balls to read the FDS statement about not endorsing things. He said the Society sometimes has trouble wording things just right because they are trying to speak to the masses.

I said, "Bull$hit, we have had tons of articles that mention guarding against apostate leanings and bad motives and it would have been easy to indicate that in this article. It is funny that what the FDS has said is in black and white, and nobody wants to really admit what it says. The gist of this article is so simple, independant groups are discouraged, researching ANY information other than produced by WT is discouraged, and only WT publications are recommended for study.

He also agreed that this is one of the main reasons college is discouraged, knowledge is out there, not just bad association.

this is plain as day.....oompa

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation

That has just got to ring BELLS!!!

They almost seem to be tipping the R&F off. Why even bring up the accuracy of the NWT Bible?

Yes, they obviously know that JW are finding out much about the WTS and its ways. But foolishly they are telling them specific areas of doubt.

Any thinking person has just got to follow up on this. Really, think of this senerio. Suppose you hired a real estate agency to assist you in buying a house. Then this agency told you that many of their clients are now trying to investigate the integrity of the houses that this real estate agency had been selling. And besides this, the real estate agency now tells you that it is unnecessary and a waste of your time to even inquire about the specifics of the house you are willing to invest in. Would that just scream to you that something is fishy?

OMG is all I can say.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• freyd
    freyd

I wonder which will collapse 1st and have their sins publicly revealed, Big Babylon(catholic church)or little Babylon(WT)? Maybe they'll go down together. Both are men of sin and mirror one another. It's one thing for the jw's to condemn all other religions for being infected with doctrines from Babylon. It's quite another thing that da Judge would change Russell's writings and establish a borg that mirrors the original apostate church. "In this century the polity of the Church was quietly organized. There was an organized fellowship(5 meetings a week) among the members; bishops(CO's, DO's, PO's) had become influential, not in society, but among the Christians; dioceses and parishes(KH's) were established; there was a distinction between city and rural bishops; delegates of churches assembled to discuss points of faith or suppress nascent heresies(JC's); the diocesan system was developed, and ecclesiastical centralization commenced; deacons began to be reckoned among the higher clergy; the weapons of excommunication(DF'g) were forged; missionary efforts were carried on; the festivals of the church were created; Gnosticism was embraced by many leading minds; catechetical schools(TMS's) taught the faith systematically; the formulas of baptism and the sacraments became of great importance; and monachism became popular. The[False] Church was thus laying the foundation of its future polity and power." VOL II p285

http://www.bibletoday.com/V2/volumetwo_S09.htm

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Any thinking person has just got to follow up on this.

Alligator Wisdom, any thinking JW is no longer a JW. They demand their members to
    avoid thinking and do as they say. I know my wife is a thinking person, but when it comes
    to JW doctrine and statements, it's just reciting of mantras like "Wait on Jehovah" or
    "The FDS are not perfect" or "The light is getting brighter."

Nice thoughts, though. Some will say, "Why are they worried about checking the Greek
    or Hebrew of the NWT? What's wrong with it?"

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I love the Catholic church they have great Bingo, and their spiked punch aint bad too.

I went to a Babtist church to meet this chick after my divorce once and hey it was real nice, they had all kind of donuts and stuff before and afterwards.

I was going to go to a Mormon church, but I knew I waould vomit so I did not go.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

No, it does not!

Oh sorry dear FDS for offending your delicate little F*CKING ears

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit