So how did the folks in YOUR congregation react to this week's KM?

by Dead Man Joaquin 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

You know, the one where independent Bible research is forbidden, er, discouraged.

Did anybody actually have the balls to say, "The Society does not say such activities are FORBIDDEN or DISCOURAGED, just not ENDORSED?" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

One sister said "When I read this, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. This is scary. People are actually doing this? This is not good!" Referring to the folks doing the independent research, that is.

Funny, I thought the same thing about the Watchtower when I read the article...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am in new community and considered going to the meeting, but really didn't want to make my face known in that context. Plus, I have an old friend in the community, so I am not really able to be completely anonymous. Just waiting for that first visit to the door. . .I can't wait to get some feedback.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

DMJ, I and others started our own threads on this subject, so some didn't participate
    in your thread. Bump this to the top tomorrow, as many have the meeting tonight (Thursday).

I think you will get more responses by then.

• ElectricJello
    ElectricJello

Does anybody have a scan or even some info on what this particular article says? Wife has been hiding all the juicey stuff from me and I would love to sneak in a comment or two while something like that has just been talked about at the hall.

• homebound
    homebound

hello to all, I was really looking forward to this part, considering how much I love research. It was a joke, alot of laughing, and many deep in side knew that they look at other websites. I have to say that my eyes have been open to alot, of cover-ups, this makes me wonder, what is truth. Is there really truth in anything. We all know just about everybody has a computer at home, as Elders, Servants and publishers we all at one time have ventured out. I did, and look what i have found. I found people that think for themselves, that have felt what i feel .Thank you Jehovah, i am not crazy. This is why The Society dosent want us to look to other websites. We may just find what we are looking for. the Real Life

P..s i know I have only posted one time, and many wondered about me, but i am cool, i have to handle this with in my self, and i know if i need hepl i can truen to all you dear friends.

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

Can't BTTT tomorrow. Only have unfettered Internet access once per week. Would you do me the honors?

Later

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

ElectricJello:

See Question Box!

• oompa
    oompa

lots of hands and enthusiam. the conductor totally glossed over the new tough rules on what we should not read, and did not even mention it because he did not want to. imagine, new direction stating it is FDS endorsement or not, and it was left out, gotta be a first. My dad has the part tonight, and I will post how it went tomorrow. we debated the QB all week.

it is so plain....oompa

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Electric Jello, Homebound, & Dead man Joaquin,

We welcome you all to the forum! Thank you for your posts, we are glad you have found your way here! You are among many friends who have discovered the same things as you no doubt have.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My wife doesn't get it....hats off to the society for their use of tact...I mean if they said:"Brothers and Sisters don't go on apostate web-sites!" You know 500,000 brothers would do it to see what the fuss is about. But this is more sub-conscious stuff...I honestly can't find a web-site anywhere that Brothers use to debate N.W. translation Greek and Hebrew! And orginize get-togethers. It really does sound like this site is being watched by the tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit