Out of the mouth of babes...

by sweetstuff 24 Replies latest jw friends

• fresia
    fresia

What a pearl.. we can learn so much from them to.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Yea but shunning is still shunning. If they are not shunning you why would you want to shun them? You have to know they will try to "advertise advertise advertise" anytime you are not around. Even though they shouldn't I don't think you should completely cut them off.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And to think that the Watchtower Society is trying to waste such a brilliant child on such crap as placing those crapts in a mindless fashion. There is nothing like having someone that has the potential to rid this planet of that cult reduced to memorizing a line or two and spending that time ringing doorbells and knocking on doors, waiting for someone to come out, repeating out of rote memory the line(s), and then handing them the crapt followed by writing the number on the slip. What a fxxxing waste! I hope they never succeed in ruining this mind.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

What do we call people without freedom? Prisoners. I feel the same for my kids,give them choices, let them decide. And yes, even if it's for something I dislike immensly (including you know what).

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Out of the mouth of babes ... I thought "what an apt title for Sweetstuff (major babe)!"

It must make you very proud to see you daughter be so confident and eloquent. Good on ya!!

Now as far as your mother goes, you'll have to let us know how that goes. It is a breach of trust for them to continue preaching at her despite your wishes. It is so typical, after all God's ..oops I mean Brooklyn's rules take priority over all else including parental demands. I hope it goes well for you.

Uzzah

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

What has your daughter been watching! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mj-eYam5n8

• free2think
    free2think

Wow she is one smart cookie. Your doing great with them Sweetstuff.

As for what your mum did

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sweetstuff she doesn't see it that way but surely she knows that's where it would lead. JWs are supposed to shun ex JWs even if they are close relatives.

That's why JWs should never go near the children of ex JWs to totally nip that posibility in the bud.

• shell69
    shell69

Hi s/s

Admiration going straingt to your girl. You are obviously encouraging her to have a mind of her own and think as such.

Seriously though..... (imo) (for wot thats worth), you have to draw a very thick line in the sand with regard to what they talk to your children about!!!!

Are they not typical brainwashed dubs with absolutly nothing else to occupy their minds that 'conversion'?????

I's outrageous, and completely undermies your authority as her mother!

I look forward to readin how you deal with this

Blessed be
    Shell

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That was a wonderful story. You are raising them to think for themselves.

JW grandparents or JW relatives that have access to the little kids WILL ALWAYS
    RECRUIT THEM. You have two choices; either never leave them alone with JW
    relatives or else deprogram them constantly from the programming. Deprogramming
    isn't all that hard. You are already doing it by talking with the child. Just check on
    what JW relatives are telling them and tell them to say what they think, also adding
    a bit of steering where necessary to keep them from the cult.

You go girl!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit