Out of the mouth of babes...

by sweetstuff 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ok, I am seriously seriously livid right now, yet so terribly proud of my seven year old. My girls who are seven and nine are grieving their great grandmother on their father's side, lovely woman. She was a witness. So, after school today, my seven year old tells me she is feeling down and a bit sad about grandma, understandably. I sit down with her and we have a conversation regarding grandma which quickly turns to the afterlife.

My seven year old C, then tells me that when they went to visit my parent's this summer, who are witnesses, nanny would read the bible to them, and then explain it. She starts telling me about how nanny explained the second death of the wicked and about the swords being beaten into, C's words, "something good instead of bad, I can't remember exactly". I was reeling, wanting to call my mother and flip out! I had made the rules really clear to my parents, no religious brainwashing of my kids, EVER! I decide, I'll deal with this later, wanted to find out how much of this sunk in with her and how much of it she believed. I have taught my kids, to believe in themselves, what feels right to them. What my seven year old said, blew my mind, alot of people could learn from her.

These are her words, and yes, she is extremely bright for her age. "It's a book, and the problem with that is no one knows if its just fiction. I believe in God mommy, he's like your father, and mine, he created the world. I think when we die we come back, as whatever we want, God lets us choose. People all believe they are right and everyone else is wrong, I just believe what I believe, they can believe what they believe, they shouldn't be so pushy about it though, or bossy, saying I'm Right, Your Wrong."

Now I was very proud of my little munchkin for thinking of herself, my mom is going to have an ultimatium on her hands this evening, do it again, you never see them again, that simple. But what my daughter said next, had me smiling widely, because it truly is amazing how kids think. She told me that God was the most intelligent creature in the universe, the Chinese were next, I trying very hard not to laugh, asked her why. She said, duhhhhh, mom, they make everything!!! In her next life she proceeds to tell me, she is going to be a scientist and invent a smellascope, so you can smell anything over thousands of miles. (Dont' ask, she has a thing about smells)

I ask her why not this lifetime, she said, sorry, I have plans this life, and they are top secret. I am hoping they involve bringing down the WTS!!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Sounds like you are doing a great job with them! Very smart lil cookies!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Thank you Megs, I try, but I don't claim their brilliance as a product of my parenting. They know alot more than me, on many subjects, lol.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sounds like she's a secret operative.

Find out who she's working for.

LOL!

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

hahaha your daughter sounds great.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Thanks 4digit!

Sounds like she's a secret operative.

Find out who she's working for.

LOL!

Nvr, I so wanna know!

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

that is too cute

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I so want a kid! A baby I cherish and model to be an amazing person, to give what I did not get...

But after it turns 12, I can send it away to its mother 'cause after that you know they turn against you and blame you for all your problems!!1

... Oh snap, but your dauhter won't do that 'caus she's realy smart! I want one just like her... oh why not two.

-Sw29, whose biological clock is ticking....

• greendawn
    greendawn

You have a very intelligent daughter with an amazing imagination for her age. It's good to keep all cultic influences away, what does your mother want, your children to become JWs and shun you?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Dawn, I doubt she sees it that way, she thinks she is teaching them what I am failing to, yup, I failing to teach them to be mindless zombies who equate love with conditions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit