Is it The Truth? Does this answer work?

by jwfacts 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Have you removed part of your post? There is no "following reasoning".

• theMartian
    theMartian

LOLOLO!

This coming from Pentecostals who don't even know what the words "facts" and "logic" mean!

Why are you pretending to be so innocent?

If you want me to read that site- I KNOW it's not worth the effort of a mouse click!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi A&W, maybe your browser does not allow embedded pages. The link is http://www.jehovah.net.au/truth.html

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

LOLOLO!

This coming from Pentecostals who don't even know what the words "facts" and "logic" mean!

Why are you pretending to be so innocent?

If you want me to read that site- I KNOW it's not worth the effort of a mouse click!

??? Sorry Martian but you have lost me. Are you claiming that I am a Pentecostal? If so I can assure you that I am not. But even if I was, isn't it a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The gist of the article is simply that the Watchtower has spent 130 years lieing that "the end is just a few years away." Surely any but the most brainwashed person can see that the Watcthower has not been promoting truth.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Surely you will be able to answer ONE simple question.

Martian: What century is this?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Martian, the entire thing was on the post screen. It didn't require me to change pages. You are right though, it wouldn't be worth a click to you likely. You are negative about it just like my mom is about things the WT tells her are worthless. If the org. says everyone is evil and wicked, then she doesn't need to look for anything good in the world-she only sees the ugliness. She is looking for grey skies-and that is what she finds. Bummer for her, huh?

I understand how scary it is to face facts that threaten your belief system or way of looking at the world. It still hurts to stretch my mind in places it is resistant to going. But I do it so that I can know whether I actually think it is BS or good. Otherwise I am just ignorant. Being ignorant is ok when its not a choice. But going that far, clicking into JWD and this subject and then smugly dismissing it would be willfully ignorant-which is usually not an admirable quality. What are you afraid of finding?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Martian; you may not be aware of it, but replying that way doesn't exactly do you or any other JWs any favors.

This thread has some good points even without the link, so why not refute the subject matter instead? If you don't intend to do that, I don't understand why you're here?

I don't want you to leave, but since you have decided to be here, it would be nice if you could be a JW and refute the erroneous points we try to make.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was all part of their grand plan of manipulation, take away the end of times date setting and the WTS has little appeal or power of impact left. That is what motivates people to go in and stay in, the big selling point of the WTS.

That's why they have been keeping it up (the end is so near hysteria) even under the most absurd circumstances and ways, it is so cenral to their success. Even today they advise youths not to go to university because the end is so near, and we are at 12 years after 1995 when they basically admitted the 1914 generation time setting was a sham.

They are perpetuating a hysterical attitude that began 200 years ago with the Millerite adventists.

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Scully, Thanks for giving me my laugh for the day. Your JW friend said,"Brother Russell would be humble..."HAHAHAHAHAHA! (pauses to catch breath)HAHAHAHAHA! The original "Faithful and Discreet Slave?" That's a good one! My JW wife won't even listen to any of this type of information. She says, "That stuff you read is just apostate lies." Then I reply, "How can it be apostate lies when it comes straight from the Societys publications?" Then she says, "Don't even tell me any of it.You know that I have ADHD and can't sit down and study enough to refute anything you say." Of course, I then wonder to myself "If she can't study enough to "defend the faith" upon what is her faith based? But then I have to remind myself that not to long ago, I to bought it all hook, line, and sinker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit