Is it The Truth? Does this answer work?

by jwfacts 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know that a JW that wants to believe in the WTS will not listen to any form of logic or reason. However, could the following reasoning reach the thinking ability of a few Jehovah's Witnesses?

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I like this JWfacts , in fact I'm sending a copy to a freind now ,she'll be impressed too I'm sure ,it's just so simple and pointed and would raise doubts to a honest person.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That is excellent, yet it still is only the tip of the iceberg, the evidence against this cult piles all the way up to heaven.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I like the point of "What if I teach and live by what the Bible Students taught at the start of the 20th century - or for that matter what Jehovah's Witnesses taught in the 50s, today?"

You would of course not be able to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses of today if you did. This is explained with "new light", that slowly has gotten brighter. However - some of the things JWs and Bible Students used to do and teach, are today deemed as having pagan roots. In other words, they were still "worshiping false gods" at one point (celebrating Christmas for instance). So why did Jehovah let this go on for so long? Slowly brightening new light? Wouldn't it be more logical that when He'd chosen a people (again), that He would do away with those false teachings right away and reinstate the True teachings? Did Jehovah slowly wean his people off of false gods in biblical times? Like for instance when they were worshiping the golden calf? Did he first say "OK, you can dance around it for a little longer, I'm cool with it for now", and then a few years later ban it? No, he put the smack down on them right away.

• Scully
    Scully

JWs have such a hard time wrapping their minds around the idea that the doctrines have changed so drastically over the last century. Just as an example, I mentioned to a JW friend - shortly before we decided to quit attending meetings - that if Brother Russell were resurrected today and was brought to a Kingdom Hall to worship, he would (a) not recognize the religion as being even remotely related to what he believed and taught and (b) would be considered an apostate by modern JWs. She thought about it for a second, and then concluded that "Brother Russell would be humble enough to accept the Society's teachings as The Truthâ„¢." Somehow I doubt it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

thanks for the comments

Did Jehovah slowly wean his people off of false gods in biblical times? Like for instance when they were worshiping the golden calf? Did he first say "OK, you can dance around it for a little longer, I'm cool with it for now", and then a few years later ban it?

Excellent point. The "bright light" concept is so senseless yet JWs just lap it up.

• fresia
    fresia
    "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3

"Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfilment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time." Awake! 1974 Nov. 8 p.11

Really is disgusting who they can just wipe their hands and say was over zealous brothers, I know that my nieces husbands parents sold their home and pioneered for years, but they have nothing now at retirmnet age, their kids are numb nuts have no education at all, just terrible.

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

"This is explained with "new light", that slowly has gotten brighter. However - some of the things JWs and Bible Students used to do and teach, are today deemed as having pagan roots. In other words, they were still "worshiping false gods" at one point (celebrating Christmas for instance). So why did Jehovah let this go on for so long?" Maybe he just didn't know about the pagan roots and had to rely on the JWs to determine what was pagan. Ya think?

• fresia
    fresia

The more I think about it the more I feel sick. Going to the meetings and seeing some of the b/s that are so sincere and yet I get scared of being hurt by them, because if I say that I didnt agree with something or that the w't celebrated xmas up until so and so, I would straight away be hurt by there looks of mistrust.

It really is an unloving relgion, and I feel sad so sad for those I really care about, but they will shun me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Maybe he just didn't know about the pagan roots and had to rely on the JWs to determine what was pagan. Ya think?

Interesting. Just because JW's say it is pagan does not mean it is so. Birthdays, the cross etc are not "pagan" except in the minds of JWs. So they shoot themselves in the foot. Were they still pagan after the 1919 cleansing, or are they now forced to abide by legislation that has no Christian merit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit