What happens when we die?

by Tatiana 55 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I am sorry for your loss. It should never happen that way.

Some things just don't seem right.

Hibbie,

Without wishing to hijack this thread anymore than you have done... Jesus' teachings were of compassion. You peddle some other gospel - or if you believe it to be the same, you have only skimmed the surface of the New Testament.

Please THINK before posting, not every thread, nor every emotion that someone has is a opportunity for evangelism ! Especially not your particular style.

Compassion. Mercy. Empathy. All Christlike qualities !

Eclipse, thank you for not tarring all Christians with the same brush

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

AO.....

What are you being sorry for? That is hope? No one else seem to know the answer but hopes that the poor woman would find it somehow. Who is going to tell her?

I answered the question according to the Word of God. This is hope.......and faith......

But Jesus said, Suffer ( allow ) little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 19:14

When children die they go to heaven.

God is the Alpha and the Omega. ....why did you choose such a name?

hibiscusfire

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

What are you being sorry for? That is hope? No one else seem to know the answer but hopes that the poor woman would find it somehow. Who is going to tell her?

I answered the question according to the Word of God. This is hope.......and faith......

But Jesus said, Suffer ( allow ) little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 19:14

When children die they go to heaven.

hibiscusfire

I am "sorry" because I am touched by this sad news. It's awful, it shouldn't happen.

Regardless of whether heaven awaits us, this is sad news for the people left behind, those people mourning ! Those people that would give anything for just a few more moments with someone that they love !

Since you talk about Christianity, let me explain it this way...

When confronted with the death of his friend Lazarus, Jesus knew that he was going to bring Lazarus back, he knew that there was something good after this life - yet he still wept.

Why ?

Because he was sad, he saw that this world was messed up beyond comprehension and that bad things happen at random. He also was affected by the display of grief that he saw around him.

As to hope, yes there is hope, but your answer to her question was not an answer at all.

Knowing anything about this forum, I would imagine that most people are more than able to find out for themselves what the major religions believe happens after death. I believe that this post was asking for more personal thoughts about the next life - both from a Christian and a non-Christian perspective.

I for one was not going to wade in and start chucking scripture around. Scripture brings comfort to those who accept it - and for those that don't, it just rubs them up the wrong way. This is no time to find out which position Tatiana is in. Besides, her original post was about the Buddhist concept of reincarnation and in no-way invited damnation from any person, no matter what their faith.

That is compounded by the fact that many here are still "hurt" by their past JW beliefs. When you consider how much the Watchtower Society goes on and on about being "Christian", it is no surprise that when people get angry with the Watchtower, they get angry with Christianity also.

This requires empathy and understanding. Compound this further by the very fact that we are discussing a death - and not just a death, but a death of a child, and you have a very sensitive situation.

I will not discuss the passage about "forbid them not, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these" here... for the reason that it would not help the situation.

It would be insensitive to do that.

However, if you would like to send me a PM, I would be glad to discuss it with you "off board".

I chose this name, because in the world of Jehovah's Witnesses, the question of who is the "Alpha and Omega" and who is the "First and Last" is an important one. If you have ever read a JW commentary on who these titles refer to, you will have seen that they pervert and twist the scriptures to suit their own warped doctrine.

So... by chosing this name, I am drawing attention to this fact. In the hope that any lurking JWs might (just might) go off and think "Hmmm, who is the Alpha and the Omega... who is the First and Last ?"

• JeffT
    JeffT

(((Tatiana)))

We have a 3 year old granddaughter who lives with us. When I saw your first post about this all I could think about was her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

A couple of weeks ago clear out of the blue Miya (the grandaughter) asked my wife "when are you going back to God?" Followed almost immediately with "when am I going back to God?" We really haven't talked about his much, so we don't know where it came from. The best guess we've heard is that children are closer to God, and feel a connection that we lose as we get older. Call it innocence, cosmic contact, whatever suits you. I think there is something in it.

I hope that somehow you can find peace.

Hibiscusflower: One Christian to another - its people like you that give Christianity a bad name. Keep in mind that some day we will all be called to give an account of what we did with the life God gave us.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I am embarrassed that some of us would use April's grief to do an info commercial.

regarding the afterlife, I find some comfort in Sylvia Browne writings.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    Jeff: Hibiscusflower: One Christian to another - its people like you that give Christianity a bad name. Keep in mind that some day we will all be called to give an account of what we did with the life God gave us.

Hey Jeff as a believer in Christ to you as a Christian I hope you know that you just judged me wrongfully.

People said I was cold because I did not say I was sorry? Please ....the last thing some people would want to hear is, "I'm so sorry for your loss!"

That is cold! ..."And I hope you find what you are looking for" ....???

I don't want to say that....I prefer to say, "Keep courage. Your baby is all around you. Keep the memories alive. Cry and cry...you will not forget but the pain will ease. Take the time to meditate and pray. Pray for peace of mind. This is a time to understand what life is truely about. There is more to life than what meets the eye and when we die we will all go somewhere very nice. Now is the time to find out what more there is. When you seek, you shall find. One day you shall see your baby again. "

Of course this just doesn't end there....

You know you will find in these times that family and friends tend to give their condolences.....for a while...then it stops...life goes on...however that person will still remember...in these times God is there to hold the person to give comfort ....when no one (physical person) is around.

hibiscusfire

• poppers
    poppers

From hibiscusfire:

I prefer to say, "Keep courage. Your baby is all around you. Keep the memories alive. Cry and cry...you will not forget but the pain will ease. Take the time to meditate and pray. Pray for peace of mind. This is a time to understand what life is truely about. There is more to life than what meets the eye and when we die we will all go somewhere very nice. Now is the time to find out what more there is. When you seek, you shall find. One day you shall see your baby again. "

So why didn't you express yourself in such a way rather than what you did post? It seems you don't reflect first, but instead, react out of your prejudiced viewpoint.

You know you will find in these times that family and friends tend to give their condolences.....for a while...then it stops...life goes on...however that person will still remember...in these times God is there to hold the person to give comfort ....when no one (physical person) is around.

I don't think anyone expects others to continually give condolences. And besides that, expressing sorrow for someone's loss doesn't come across the way your comment did. Just for once, admit you blew it. What is there to lose in that? Maybe you'll regain a little respect rather than creating more distance between yourself and others here.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Tatiana. I dont know what happens when we die.

I have the opportuinity of listening to late night radio, Coast to coast with George Noory, on a regular bassis. When he's not investigation UFO's he spends a lot of time on his shows having guest who claim based on various levels of investigation that this life is not all there is. Many say there is something good awaiting us when we die.

And the good is awaiting us whether we go to church or not, whether we worship something or not, whehter we believe or not.

In 5 years of my listening, I dont recall anyone ever saying we go to hell or some place bad. Or that we cease to exhist.

I hope you can find some comfort in my words.

• donkey
    donkey

(((Tatiana)))

I'm sorry I don't have any words to take away your pain but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry.

MSIL

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Thank you all for your thoughts. I read them all. Even cheeto with that very enthusiastic post. Thanks for the pm's also.

I have been reading up on near death experiences. tula..thanks for your story. I want to believe that. Although I have questions about how a tiny infant would "realize" what was happening. They aren't conscious yet of this world. They don't "know" anything but a mothers touch, and love. Maybe that's all that's needed. To know love. I hope with all my heart that children do go to heaven. I hope that she is not just "flower fertilizer."

I just have so many questions now, my mind is reeling. If we have no soul that lives on, as I was taught, what goes to heaven from the 144,000? A "memory?" That makes no sense. What are all the people who say they have seen their loved ones actually seeing? Demons, as the witnesses believe?

And I feel compassion when someone says. "I'm sorry." Sometimes that's all anyone can say. I am trying to move on. And believe me, I DO appreciate life...every precious second of it. I just know that there has to be something else. Thanks for the link, Double Edge.

((((((((((donkey)))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit