What happens when we die?

by Tatiana 55 Replies latest jw friends

• forsharry
    forsharry

I am soo sorry to hear that you are going through this. The last paragraph you wrote had tears in my eyes...i FEEL the hurt that you're going through right now, even if I don't understand it.

We don't know...seems like such a cop-out, but in essence it's true. I don't know where your beautiful little granddaughter is in this universe other than her body is in the ground...but her life is with you. She lives through you and your family because of your love that you have for her and the memories you were gifted with from her time with you.

It may not be the "truth"...but hon, she's right with you.

I'm not sure if that's the answer...but it's all I've got right now.

• poppers
    poppers

Tatiana, I would recommend you read the book Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton. You can find it on Amazon.com Here is their review: "Journey of Souls is a controversial yet inspiring investigation of the big question we all face at one point or another: "What happens after we die?" To find the answer, Newton opens cases from his private practice in which he hypnotically regressed his clients to a point between lives--after death, but before birth. Not only does Newton grapple with reincarnation, the spirit world, and the nature of the human soul, he also tackles equally sticky questions such as "Is there a Heaven and Hell?" and "What are ghosts?" Readers with a penchant for skepticism will balk at the lack of physical evidence to back up the claims in Journey of Souls, but the book remains a reassuring voice, affirming that our existence is not limited to the boundaries of our mortal flesh. --Brian Patterson" If nothing else, reading this book will give you some peace of mind. poppers

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I believe that people who do not believe in the Almighty Creator should not even bother to ask this question especially if they are not interested in hearing the true answer.

hibiscusfire

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I believe that people who do not believe in the Almighty Creator should not even bother to ask this question especially if they are not interested in hearing the true answer.

..... a little "cold" don't you think? Sometimes life gives us circumstances where we re-ask previous questions....questions that still need to be answered. I believe in an Almight Creator and I believe he is not "put off" by someone asking. For me, one of the major aspects of 'life" is getting answers to questions.

Tatiana.... check your in-box.

D.E.

• poppers
    poppers

Wow - what compassion. I guess we should all be thankful there are people like you around to tell everyone else how to live their lives and where to seek answers.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good point, poppers.

Once again, a nominal Christian wins many converts for atheism, agnosticism, and many other flavors of free-thought.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Tatiana,

I'm sorry for the loss in your family and the effect it obviously is having on you. I wish you strength and perseverance.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Hibiscus,

What you said is one of the coldest things I've heard here, in light of the thread.

If "heaven" is populated with people like you, I want no part of it. Or your martyr's complex.

• zack
    zack

My deepest sympathy to you.

As to the point of your post, who knows? No one knows. We all "beleive" in different things, but no one knows. My hope is that a loving God--- not the God described by the

Watchtower--- but that gentlest and kindest of all spirits has something better for us, something more. And to me, one needn't beleive in the immortality of the soul to beleive that

something of us lives on after our physical death. I do not beleive this is all there is. Having said that, I also beleive in enjoying this life today. Having joy, making friends, seeing different

landscapes. Perhaps the gift from the Creator was to be human for a little while and to be able to enjoy the physical today and the spiritual tomorrow. As for being in God's "memory",

isn't that perhaps like asking an old friend "don't forget me" when one moves away to another far away place? We still live, we just don't want to be forgotten simply because we are out of

sight. It doesn't make us a collection of thoughts in someone's brain.

Whatever the case, I hope you find comfort, friend.

And.... questions are good.... it is people that can be evil.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Twitch: What you said is one of the coldest things I've heard here, in light of the thread.

I am glad you feel that way twitch and everyone else who thinks I am being cold. There are a bunch of liars here with no compassion whatsoever. They think by ridiculing believers of the Lord God Almighty they have joy. But they are wrong. Making a mockery out of everything. Grasping at the wind, you have no answers but you crave them....when you get them you can't accept them....then don't ask if you know you would not give God the Glory and praise for it.

My God and my Jesus. Jesus is my Saviour. My friend in need. I love you Lord. Thank you for the breath of life.

The good Lord giveth and taketh away. We cannot use God for convenience. We are such selfish people!!!

Maybe you should find out why I said it and what I mean by it.

"Do not casting pearls before swine..."

Do you know what happens when we do cast our heart to people who don't give a care? Well the casting of pearls before swine would explain that.

hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit