Billions of Lives Depend On This?

by R.F. 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fresia
    fresia
    And therein lies the root of the problem. God did not get "this group" and so the preaching work is null and void, just a total waste of time. They took it on themselves to declare that they were God's special people, but their record says otherwise.

I personally think that God did use the WTS at one time, but not anymore, not for decades, as I believe it has been judged and rejected as unfit. I think God has let them to themselves.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I personally think that God did use the WTS at one time, but not anymore, not for decades, as I believe it has been judged and rejected as unfit. I think God has let them to themselves.

Really? During what years?

Maybe you're thinking of the wacky Russellite pyramidology years? (1879-1916)

Would it be during the bigoted/quack medical advice/bizarre CJ Woodworth rambling years? (1919-1946)

Was it during the "let's make a sham Bible" phase? (1947-1961)

Perhaps it was during the 1975 hysteria? (1966-1975), also around the same time as the absurd ban on transplants? (1967-1980)

...Or maybe it was those critical years where they started attacking people for having different thoughts on Biblical exegesis? (1979-1985)

It looks like your window of "divine guidance" is pretty slim...

• searcher
    searcher

It seems to me that the witnesses can’t really be interested in the end.

Why?

Well Jesus said in the bible that he did not know when the end would come, only God knew, however, he did say that “when the word (some bibles say Good News) has been preached in all the world, then the end will come.”

So, if the witnesses were really eager for the end, they would stop going round and round the same territory (where people have heard the word), and all get off to the places in the world where people have not even heard of the witnesses, never mind the word.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Why would an "almighty god" need to use a fringe group that was at best controversial, or at worst a group of fanatical cultmembers?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The door to door work is their claim to fame. It is like a 'trademark'.

They also like to be visible to the public with their smiling faces and bookbags so everybody can see how 'wholesome' they are. They are advertising themselves. It is also a gauge for them to judge one another to see who is doing what and who is more active than somebody else, etc.

I don't think it has anything to do with 'saving' anybody, except themselves maybe.

LHG

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I suspect that doctors without borders

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

goes to needier places (and certainly accomplishes more) than the jws do.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great points.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit