Billions of Lives Depend On This?

by R.F. 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

The greatest work of all time, never to be repeated, is supposedly done by Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course you know i'm referring to the door to door work they take part in. So many lives are at stake and your life is dependent on if you "accept the good news" that they preach.

I surely don't believe this anymore. Actually, I think it's quite absurd to believe so.

Think of the people that are bringing this so-called "good news". How many of you have observed the half-heartedness when they do this work? The slow walks down the street, the very light door knocks that can hardly be heard, the standing forever at a door when it's obvious not a soul is in the home, the coffee breaks that seem to be forever. Lives are dependent on that??

How many actually WANT to be out knocking on doors, "saving lives"?

There are many I know of that say they don't like doing it. One elder even said during a talk that "no one in their right mind can say they love the preaching work".

Are these the people you want to make sure that as many lives as possible are saved by this precious "good news"??

There are still many in my territory that haven't even heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, and by the way things are going, it looks like more and more won't be hearing the "life saving message".

If these are the ones that God is using to warn people and bring them to safey then he needs to acquire different workers.

R.F.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I don't believe in Jesus, but if he did exist, I can't imagine him taking coffee breaks, walking slowly down the sidewalk in his sandals, or complaining about the preaching work.

If anything this 'life saving' work is only about saving their own asses.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w94 8/15 p. 15 par. 19 This Good News Must Be Preached First ***

True Christians have a message that means life, so how could they possibly keep it to themselves? The very principle of bloodguilt for failing to give a warning in time of danger is an impelling reason to preach the good news.—1 Corinthians 9:16; Ezekiel 3:17-21.

*** km 11/96 p. 1 pars. 5-6 We Have a Commission ***

The prophet Ezekiel felt an accountability to give a warning message to unfaithful Israelites. Jehovah emphatically warned him of the consequences if he failed to carry out his assignment ....Paul preached publicly and from house to house because he recognized that a failure to do so could have made him bloodguilty before God.—Acts 20:20, 26, 27.

Do we have the zeal of Ezekiel? Do we feel impelled to preach as did Paul? Our commission is the same as theirs was. We must continue to fulfill our responsibility to warn others, in spite of their apathy, indifference, or opposition.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I have also been thinking about this. If the GB really wanted to reach as many people as possible they would use technology to get their message across.

I was also thinking that if the WBTS had to close it's doors and all the assets be sold off and money given to the loyal JW's every single one of them would be very wealthy!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I have also been thinking about this. If the GB really wanted to reach as many people as possible they would use technology to get their message across.

So true. I think that so much is time and money is wasted with cold-calling. By the time you spend money on gas and take the time to get to the territory, technology could've reached millions.

*** km 11/96 p. 1 pars. 5-6 We Have a Commission ***

The prophet Ezekiel felt an accountability to give a warning message to unfaithful Israelites. Jehovah emphatically warned him of the consequences if he failed to carry out his assignment ....Paul preached publicly and from house to house because he recognized that a failure to do so could have made him bloodguilty before God.—Acts 20:20, 26, 27.

Do we have the zeal of Ezekiel? Do we feel impelled to preach as did Paul? Our commission is the same as theirs was. We must continue to fulfill our responsibility to warn others, in spite of their apathy, indifference, or opposition.

I think the highlighted portion can also refer to the JWs. It seems they have their own apathy, indifference, and opposed to the preaching work.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Mrs Smith - I have also been thinking about this. If the GB really wanted to reach as many people as possible they would use technology to get their message across.

Absolutely agree. It isn't as though JWs are against using 'technology'...but THINK about it. JWs use cars to assist in the Ministry (petrol paid for by themselves), they telephone-witness (paid for by themselves) and letter-witness (again, paper, envelopes and stamps paid for by individual JWs). I always thought it would make sense to TV witness - more 'converts' would be made over a shorter period...but WAIT, who would organise/fund this type of witnessing? The WTBTS itself would have to.

Just a point. The WTBTS is a registered charity. Anyone who 'volunteers' to work (free) for a charity has their expenses re-imbursed. Why is this different with the WT?

• Gill
    Gill

There is a very long street where I live that never has anyone in their homes during the day because they are all at work, since they are very much 'starter' homes.

The Witness Pioneers in our area use this road for starting FS in the morning at about 8.30 am when they know that no one will be in. They then stroll slowly to wherever the group is due to start and hour or so later.

I watched a 'group' working this road about a year ago. Literally 50 yards furthur down the road was a bustling town centre packed with people that they could have been talking to and 'saving'. But no! They preferred to call at the house they knew were always empty!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Tell me about it Gill...I've seen them twice in my road in past few months - and both times they missed my house (maybe I'm 'marked'? lol)

It would make better sense to 'go where the people are' - isn't that what Jesus did? I can't recall ever seeing a JW 'working' our town centre, yet a Salvation Army Lady is often seen there.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I was actually told a couple of times to walk slower, no one was in and they were trying to stretch their fs time to the minimum one hour, then we'd end up going to a garden centre for tea and i used to hate all that waste of time. When the ministry finished i'd rather go back home thanks and get on with stuff, esp as one sister used to put her bible in the middle of the table in the hope to attract passers by i used to cringe!

Also my mil used to do return visits but she'd deliberately pick out one or two where she knew she'd be invited in for coffee so that she could be there for longer.

I used to say to hubby if they really believed it was the end they'd all be pioneers, out speaking to people as many hours of the day as they could, but in our congragation it was do an hour, then have a coffee and a few rounds of golf!

• Clam
    Clam

All this dragging of heels by the Dubs ä and this is how huge their task is - http://www.jwdeathcounter.com/default.cfm

When I think about Field Service ä , the words peeing and ocean come to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit