Billions of Lives Depend On This?

by R.F. 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    So you saying God could have got some other better group, he didn't did he

And therein lies the root of the problem. God did not get "this group" and so the preaching work is null and void, just a total waste of time. They took it on themselves to declare that they were God's special people, but their record says otherwise.

Swalker

• greendawn
    greendawn

Well Swalker in a nutshell. They took it upon themselves to claim special status obviously refers to the leaders of the WTS and of course they did this with ulterior motives to gain people's trust and then deceive them.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah by day they try to get new members and at night they try to kick people out with their JCs . wonderful bunch they have .

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The front page of the Sept KM noted that around 51m copies of last years special campaign tract were distributed in the US branch (overstated by at least 50 because I threw mine away and reported 50). Of that number, a whopping 1,049 (going from memory but that's pretty close) bible WT publication studies were started. EVEN if all of those studies are baptized (a huge unrealistic assumption), then the campaign had a hit ratio of .002%

It seems to be that either 1) God wants everyone to die or 2) His spirit is not with the WTS and their preaching work.

• R.F.
    R.F.
    If it is THAT serious, lets send out the heavyweights, lets train them right, and lets get the warning work done. The main reason though is to give the flock something to do. Keep em busy and distracted from all else that is wrong with this cult.

That reminds me of what someone said here recently about a CO saying that the different tract work campaigns was to "upbuild the brothers". It obviously was busy work, something to do for a change instead of the same old routine.

AllTimeJeff also mentioned the silliness of the WTS idea of people being approved by God based on their accepting two magazines. Some "good news" huh? How many dubs do you know that go to the doors and just present the magazines by saying...."hello, we are in your neighborhood offering the Watchtower and Awake...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..." When they are done, the householder is left just thinking that a person was out passing out good reading material. That isn't how I recall things happening in the first century according to the Bible. They were very clear as to what their message was and what a person should do, which was to accept Jesus Christ and repent of their sins.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how off the WTS is.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You've got some who clearly don't care, and then you have the few who really do care. One time I was going out in FS with my friend, and he had a good response at the door. "Aren't you going to write that down as an RV?" I asked. "No," he said. He didn't care enough to follow up; of course, neither did I. And when I did, it never panned out.

Yesterday I went out with a brother who has difficulty walking due to multiple knee surgeries. We went to a total of...maybe 8 doors. We were done in a half hour. You could see the disappointment in his eyes as he gingerly walked up the steps only to be met with, "Not interested!!"

Busywork indeed.

• oompa
    oompa

OK sound cars are out. Could we link the WT promo to Avon and AmWay?

time is running out!.......oompa

• bob1999
    bob1999

Leolaia says;

"Do we have the zeal of Ezekiel? Do we feel impelled to preach as did Paul? Our commission is the same as theirs was."
    <br><br>It is? Show me where the Bible says that. Paul in 1 Corinthians was talking about himself and others who proclaim the gospel vs 14, not me. The great commission was given to the 12, not me. Further more, the great commission was fulfilled. Read the Bible.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    One elder even said during a talk that "no one in their right mind can say they love the preaching work".

He must be absolutely brilliant!!!!! Somebody should give this man the Nobel Prize!!!!

• monophonic
    monophonic

when i was a kid i perfected the mediocre door knock, light enough not to be heard too far into the house, yet hard enough to look good if i was working with an elder.....who would promptly ring the doorbell w/in 20 seconds, so maybe i didn't perfect it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit