Billions of Lives Depend On This?

by R.F. 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Amen, fresia, Amen.

Jeff

• R.F.
    R.F.

That's so understandable fresia, and that was the point that I intended to bring out. I guess I wasn't clear enough(I had a night of insomia again ).

But the sincere ones are far outnumbered than the ones that don't want any part of it, which it's very understandable that they wouldn't even want any part of it to begin with. As was pointed out already, the GB tend to lead on when it comes to the global preaching campaign.....it's effectiveness and scope in particular.

Snakes...

from the way some of you guys describe how some of your public talks were, I think I would've paid to hear them.

R.F.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If we see to what effect the JW preaching is, we will realise that it is just a hoax though it seems on the surface to be impressive and even identifiable with the preaching of the end of times.

All it does is bring people to live in a fascist like and loveless organisation that knows nothing about charity though it is registerd as a charity and should by divine and human law engage in charitable work. It won't be long before a newcomer questioning the authority or validity of the FDS's doctrines gets a taste of jeho-fascism.

From their fruitage you will know them. It's just that under satanic guidance some ruthless deceivers are so smart at imitating real christianity that they make it appear as the genuine thing. Even the genuine christians are in danger of getting deceived by them.

• oompa
    oompa

Too many are a little intimidated. I am buying a fleet of good old lettered sound cars to speed things up a little.

get the word out.....oompa

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

One thing that really struck me upon reflection was how arbitrary the JW view of saving a life was.

How can someone be judged on the basis of a little boy or girl offering a magazine called the Watchtower? If they turn down that little presentation, that means according to WT theology they are going to be judged as a goat. Because they turned down a magazine?

The whole pov that this is a lifesaving work is very self serving. No matter your religous persuasion, or lack therof, the idea that billions of people will be judged worthy of death becase

1. They didn't accept the WT and AW mags
    2. They didn't follow through the one time they did accept them and skimmed them over

IS NUTS!

If it is THAT serious, lets send out the heavyweights, lets train them right, and lets get the warning work done. The main reason though is to give the flock something to do. Keep em busy and distracted from all else that is wrong with this cult.

Great point about technology. (i.e. TV, radio, etc) They aren't interested in reaching the masses. They are interested in finding the fringe element of society, or at least the naieve and ill informed that are outcasts or misfits, and offers them something where they won't be viewed as a misfit... Won't they be surprised......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder which will reach more people in a shorter time:

(1) Get up at 5:30 AM, screech to the Kingdumb Hell at 160 MPH, group for street work, screech to the street area at 160 MPH, sprint to everyone you see, screech back to the Kingdumb Hell, screech out to the territory and sprint to the doors, and keep doing this all day every day.

(2) Put out a "news flash" on the Web's home page. AOL can reach quite a few customers in a very short time, and it will reach everyone with Internet access as an e-mail message in a day or so. The message can be simulcast on TV and radio, reaching many others in areas where Internet is yet sporadic or non-existent.

It is still true that technology cannot reach every person on Earth. They would still need to go out by hand to those in remote corners of the planet, where radio and TV do not reach. However, the majority of the billion hours a year is wasted in territory where Internet could do the same thing in half an hour that takes a billion hours to do their way. Plus it uses far less energy to type a message and have AOL broadcast it than it does to waste all that gas in territories where just about everyone has Internet. For sure, if billions of lives really are at stake and this is the EMERGENCY that they make it look like, then they had better start typing in on AOL. If, that is, they know how.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Think of the people that are bringing this so-called "good news". How many of you have observed the half-heartedness when they do this work? The slow walks down the street, the very light door knocks that can hardly be heard, the standing forever at a door when it's obvious not a soul is in the home, the coffee breaks that seem to be forever. Lives are dependent on that??

Kind of puts it all in perspective doesn't it? When I look back now at my pioneering days, they really were only fillers until I could obtain employment, which ironically didn't happen until after I left the WTBTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

I spent many a sleepless night agonizing over the fate of the billions that I knew would never be reached with the WTS version of the "good news." I also spent a lot of time in FS trying to get people to see the need to get into that Ark of Salvation. What a waste!!!

Along comes 1995 and the Society announces that the preaching work is not a separating of the sheep and goats as we originally thought. That was really disturbing. Also, the generation that saw the sign in 1914 would indeed pass away. THAT didn't bother me as much because I never believed it in the first place.

All those changes are the reason why some JW's are so lackluster about preaching. Francis of Assisi is reported to have said it best - "Preach the gospel, sometimes use words."

Sylvia

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why should anyone accept the WTS as God's representative, there are numerous reasons why they are not valid as such and therefore they are not suited to be used as a means to separate sheep from goat.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

WTS radio?? WTS publications in the librarys?? WTS on TV ?? Jehoevah does not give a rats ass about the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit