Will Armageddon Ever Come?

by tula 30 Replies latest jw friends

• fresia
    fresia

Well I guess it is the end of the whole system not like the fall of Babylon or Jerusalem, it is the big deal the whole ending of this wicked system. I believe that the system will be done away with, when I don't know, and I think that was the biggest mistake from the WTS in trying to predict dates. Jesus talked about the season, and gave signs as to when that day may be near. But no one knows not even the son but only the father.

I would still like to believe that there will be an end to crime, poverty injustice cruelty and that God has all that under control.

• logic
    logic

The society has said that we shouldn't just serve just because of armagedon. That is about one percent of the time, the rest of the time they say just the opposite. They always speak with a forked tounge. In the daniel book they said jws should not specualte, then they speculated the heck out the rest of the book.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    We really are all the same but unfortunately when we think we are the only ONE (collectively or individually) that has it right is when we get into trouble, I will continue to make my own statement by trying (and it can be trying) to have love for all mankind as best as I can and take one day at a time. Don't live for Armageddon in the future but live each day as your last, as you never know what tomorrow may bring, but try to live it with LOVE.

Excellent point Sheri.

Whether Armageddon comes in our lifetime or not, there is absolutely no control over it that we can administer to. Should we only live for that day? Then our motive is to save our own hides. If we live each day giving God glory, then the time-table of the BIG-A doesn't have a significant bearing on our lives afterall.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not within the JW context if it does ever come it will probably be long after they pass away as an org. The way they put things together: "the end is coming soon and we appeared in the world at this crucial time precisely in order to fulfill the things that were foretold to happen in the short period before the end" is obviously a clever concoction of lies.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

No, if I am wrong, one thing I am sure of, if god is as picky as the wtf er wts says the world will be recultivated by many 10 people, and that's a big maybe.

• sir82
    sir82

IN a few years, they will be saying, the ark is closed.

then it will be, the ark is open again, we needed supplies

then it will be closed again

Sounds like Disney's "Vault" system for releasing videos!

• freetosee
    freetosee

The end - yes,

but not armageddon!

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

no; never....

• oompa
    oompa

I wonder if we are to conclude that we are not as "near" as we were 10 years ago?-- lol

Todays Watchtower 7-15-2007 first sentence- "Jehovah's great day is very near."

As you see, only one "very near" today.

But ten years ago WT1-1-1997 p.18, par.11

"Both the increasing light on Bible prophecy and the anarchy of this dying world cry out that the end of Satan’s system is very, very near! The Memorial report for 1996 shows that 12,921,933 attended, of whom only 8,757 (.068 percent) indicated their heavenly hope by partaking of the emblems."

Way back when Zeph 1:14 was written it was just "near" (our year text)

So in the bible times it was near, ten years ago it was very very near, and now it is just very near, but they site Zeph1:14 where it does no say very near.

And dont forget one of our favorites, PS 37: 10,11"and just a little while and the wicked wil be not more" just a little while is now about 3000 along.

ain't happening man....oompa

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

There have been apocalyptic groups for the last 2000 years.

There will continue to be.

Human nature is fascinating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit