Comments You Won't Hear at the 9/9/07 WT Study (ENDURANCE)

by WT Comments 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff! - Is that you V? I loved the link God Diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28484

Good to see you posting Blondie.

Clam

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Great review

"How happy I am to be among Jehovah's people and to have his unfailing support!"

So Jehovah's people are Jehovah.

Even after the meetings JWs are prone to discuss weather, traffic, friendly gossip--anything but what the meeting was actually about.

Absolutely true, active JW's try this and you will get the strangest reactions from people.

I did it one time at the book study, first people look at you like your crazy, and then they get pissed at you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed a curiosity. They advised more sleep for those who are psychiatrically disturbed. I wonder when they are going to fit that in. This is the schedule that they want everyone to follow:

• 4:30 AM. Get up and get ready to screech to the Kingdumb Hell.
    • 5:30 AM. Report to Kingdumb Hell for street work.
    • 9:00 AM. Return to Kingdumb Hell after spending whole early morning in street work. Pick up territory, work door to door all morning.
    • 12:30 PM. Get some fast, good tasting poison for lunch. Eat it on way to Kingdumb Hell.
    • 1:00 PM. Afternoon work. More territory, return visits, studies.
    • 3:00 PM. Pick up children from school and screech them to the Kingdumb Hell for service.
    • 6:00 PM (on non-meeting nights). Return to Kingdumb Hell for more service. On meeting nights, you are supposed to attend the borefest. That will last until 9 or 10 PM depending on which one.
    • 9:00 PM (or after the boasting session). Start writing letters and continue until after midnight.

Is this any way to get more sleep? Where are you going to put the extra sleep in this schedule? Of course, something is going to have to get cut out. But if you do, be prepared for a visit from Brother Hounder because your service time is slipping.

So you think they really aren't doing this? That is why they constantly hound people to do ever more. To cut off that source of hounding, one would actually have to follow perfectly the above schedule, and produce every second of the time no matter what. Obviously, they really don't gove a fxxx about your sleep, as long as you are spending 20 hours a day in the field circus. I wonder how many more pieces of advice the Watchtower Society gives that are impossible to follow because of their own rules and expectations.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Could the entire article just be skipped and they spend the time saying the
    real point they were trying to make?-

Emotional problems = no excuse for skipping meetings and door-to-door service.

Social phobias = no excuse for missing meetings, commenting, not joining the TM School.

There is no excuse for missing meetings and recruiting work, commenting, and joining the TMS.
    We just discussed the worst-case scenarios and said "No excuse" so the rest of you should
    do even more than the worst cases.

8) More rest and sleep may help a person to endure emotional difficulties. Medical help may be advisable. Especially effective, however, is prayerful reliance on God. "Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, and he himself will sustain you," says Psalm 55:22. "Never will he allow the righteous one to totter." By all means, then, "trust in Jehovah with all your heart."-Proverbs 3:5, 6.

Rest and sleep and medical help are okay, BETTER is reliance on God (and his organization). The most depressed
    should just do more recruiting, praying, and make all those meetings. I am disgusted with their backward advice.
    If a person is depressed, they are told that this spiritual effort will make them feel less depressed, when it really
    makes them feel worse.

• lrkr
    lrkr

This is just another in the series of "Oh how bad we feel, how terrible everything is, how rotten, etc."

You have to believe that your life sucks to feel like you need the help of the WTS. So, even if your life is not so bad, if its a nice sunny day and you have interesting and good friends- YOUR NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH!!!!

There must be some reason you're suffering!!! YOU NEED TO SUFFER. Then the meetings will be important to you.

• V
    V

It looks like WT Comments has added its bio:

Watchtower Comments is a service for Jehovah's Witnesses and non-members alike: a dissection of the weekly Watchtower study. Open your eyes to the underlying agenda, buzzwords, logical fallicies, and systems of behavior control that you will not hear at your local Kindgom Hall. Spiced with sacrilegious humor, anyone can find something to chew on the sacred cow. WT Comments is posted weekly in the BIBLE RESEARCH AND STUDY ARTICLES section of this website. All comments welcome!

I must say that new avatar is simply brilliant. Great job!

• bobld
    bobld

Excellent review thanks.May I add in Kingdom al al land all brian washed dodos will all say "Just what we needed,where are the pioneer forums".Oh,I can just hear all the phony comments.Like, if sister one leg in the grave can put in 25 hours attend all meeting what is stopping me from pioneering.However the ones on this forum see what the WTS/FDS is all about.They use Christans a lot in this article why not what they really are JW'S.

Bob

• V
    V

Just found this post from Leolaia on endurance:

htp://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/141749/2543394/post.ashx#2543394

Huh...Funny I never noticed this before.

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not reason to increase our activity? In this regard we can learn something from a runner who puts on a final burst of speed near the finish of a race.
    *** Charles Sinutko | 1967 | Sheboygan, Wisconsin | Serving With Everlasting Life in View ***

But, just like a runner when he's running a course, and he gets near to the end, just about the time he thinks he can't go on any further, he realizes 'well there's the goal ahead of [inaudible]' He's come around the last lap, and there it is! Well all of a sudden he just seems to get some reserve power from nowhere, and with a sudden surge of energy, on he goes to break the finish line rope and win the prize. Well now, as Jehovah's Witnesses, as runners, even though some of us have become a little weary, it almost seems as though Jehovah has provided meat in due season. Because he's held up before all of us, a new goal. A new year. Something to reach out for and it just seems it has given all of us so much more energy and power in this final burst of speed to the finish line. And that's the year 1975.

• Robert222
    Robert222

Thank you for another excellent review and analysis of the WT study.

I wonder if the people sitting in KH's notice an entire article saying that the JW membership is "depressed, anxious, grieving, bi-polar, physically disabled, mentally disabled", isn't that a giant red flag to get out of the JW religion??

I also love the fact JWs need the "watchtower" or a "32-page book" to cope with life. The Bible is not mentioned or its put aside on a table, with the watchtower publication as the focus.

Giant message to all still inside - get out before its too late for you and your family/children.

• juni
    juni
    Well now, as Jehovah's Witnesses, as runners, even though some of us have become a little weary, it almost seems as though Jehovah has provided meat in due season. Because he's held up before all of us, a new goal. A new year. Something to reach out for and it just seems it has given all of us so much more energy and power in this final burst of speed to the finish line. And that's the year 1975.

THANK YOU V!! for this snippet from the 1974 Kingdom Ministry. Hot damn!! There it is in black and white - the infamous year 1975!! being something SPECIAL...... That whole paragraph is such a load of crap. How can another year of WT meetings, etc. etc. bring refreshment to a person who is weary from doing those very things???

I felt that I could never DO enough or BE good enough in that religion.... I left after giving them 21 years of my life.

Thanks V for an excellent job! (((Blondie)))

Juni ~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit