Comments You Won't Hear at the 9/9/07 WT Study (ENDURANCE)

by WT Comments 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    She became a widow after only seven years of marriage. But at the age of 84, she was still rendering sacred service to Jehovah at the temple

They really have their nerve! The temple? which one? earthly Bethel or individual Kingdom Halls? Now, are members saying that they are going to the temple?

Hmm, Jehovah at the temple why not at Jehovah's temple?

Well I guess I better get dressed to go to the temple! See you at the temple!

You found something! In the past JDUBS did not call a place of worship,Kingdom Hall, a temple!

• yesidid
    yesidid

I personally think it's a great article and wish there were more of them.

There are at least ten Witnesses I know who will be very discouraged by it.

Then they will feel bad that they feel that way. Then it will will give them negative emotions

when they think about future studies and meetings.

This is great stuff. Brilliant foot shooting material.

May they long continue discouraging their own members. It makes our job easier.

yesidid

• fresia
    fresia
    Is the recruiting of unstable or depressed people resulting in a larger proportion of mental health or is the control tactics of the WTS crippling minds? You decide...

I think both, I have found the amount of mental illness amongst JW r/f staggering. I have also noticed that they mention bi/polar a lot. But there are other mental illnesses that the society does not address, like BPD which is apparently common.

What ever, as the days get long the WTS is becoming more cultish and mind controling of course this is going to effect peoples emotional health and anxiety levels rise at he shackles get tighter. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus within the next few years.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

This will be an interesting study to conduct tomorrow....

I have a feeling that it will be one of the best studies in recent memory to further the cause....

I can guarantee you that there will be a lot of publishers thinking long and hard after tomorrow's lesson....

I'll be pumping harder than ever the need to seek professional help if you are depressed. Thanks to another friend on the board here who didn't post I'll also be emphasizing how we shoud not compare ourselves to others and to only do what we feel we can.

Man, I can't believe HOW RIDICULOUS this week's WT study is!!

The Oracle

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Great commentary and great mastery of the English language.

I know quite a few in my congregation that are going to be really depressed after this crap. I personally know 8 people who suffer from bi polar and social phobias and depression in my congregation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weird is the word for this article . Do they really think it to be motivating? Even the dubs in my family thought it to be counter productive and unhelpful.

p1] "Jehovah's great day is very near" ..Ho hum , how many times have we heard that?

p3] I felt so sorry for "Sharon" The poor woman has been the subject of cerebral palsy all her life . She also suffered depression. Although she says the elders helped her. She was lucky on that score. Most of the elders I knew would tramp hob nailed boots over the depressed or get offended by what they said..Still, she says the faith sustains her ...they do say that faith is good for the sick ones. Too bad she believes in a lie, but I should I hope that she never finds out?

p5&6} Do they think that they are the only ones to suffer these things , and cope with them? Many people do , and it is not attributed to the Holy Spirit..

p7] Good news for the lazy and timid witnesses, failure to comment or join the School can now be attributed to a "phobia" at the WT's own description...Much easier to sit and daydream at the meetings now, and get away with it.

Endurance is the theme, so they wheel out some extreme examples so as if to say "Look what they put up with, what are you complaining about?" It all seems designed to make the weary Witness feel ashamed and get back out on the Ministry again .

Reminds me of the fiction charecter "Boxer", the carthorse in Orwell's "Animal Farm" . No matter what his problem was , his motto was "I will work harder" . They worked him to death and sent him to the knackers yard at his end....

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

They really have their nerve! The temple? which one? earthly Bethel or individual Kingdom Halls? Now, are members saying that they are going to the temple?

Hmm, Jehovah at the temple why not at Jehovah's temple?

Well I guess I better get dressed to go to the temple! See you at the temple!

You found something! In the past JDUBS did not call a place of worship,Kingdom Hall, a temple!

Luke 2:36-38

• ninja
    ninja

the witnesses won't live forever.....the watchtower just makes them think they are by making the meetings so boring and drawn out....a watchtower study is like a thousand years to a JW

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Firstly thanks for those whom collectively make up watchtower comments and for making the effort to post here!

I notice how little is given in actual help to the flock these days, things are said and then a sweeping statement of doing man made rules (meetings, answering etc) is what will get people through the hard times. Of course what else can they say as the very system is what causes a lot of the difficulties or certainly adds to them. I have to agree that I was one of those who burnt out from guilt of not doing enough.

CS 101

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

There was one interesting comment yesterday. The MS that was reading answered an aux question from the conductor about how we should treat folks with depression or phobias. I think the answer he was looking for was to "encourage them to go out in service and to the meetings". However, what he got was a tirade from the MS (a college grad) about how depression was a real disease and that those suffering with it needed help, not more pressure. I wanted to applaud. Of course, some other hard core JWs chimed in with the go out in service answer. But, at least a positive point was made.

I just can't bring myself to comment at these insane meetings anymore. It is interesting to me that the WTS is admitting in this article how depressed and discouraged the average JW really is. Too bad their solution is the complete opposite of what their supposed leader Jesus would say.

I can just imagine the Pharisees of Jesus day giving the same speeches to their congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit