The Infamous September 2007 Our Kingdom Ministry

by TooBad TooSad 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

On the front page of the KM in the Branch letter it was proudly annouced that 51 million Kingdom News

No. 37 were placed. The best example that they could point to to show the success of this work was after

receiving a copy, an inactive sister had trouble sleeping. The next Sunday, she attended the meeting an requested

a Bible study. Wow, placing 51 million tracts was a real success. What really got me pissed off is here is

a person who stopped going to the meetings, stopped going out in service, no longer associated with the

congregation and is called an "inactive sister". Now we turn the page in the KM to the question box that has

been previously discussed on this site. Here we find that Witnesses who are doing independent research on

Bible related subjects, or have established groups to learn the Biblical languages of Hebrew and Greek, or are

exploring scientific subjects related to the Bible, are called in the Question box "associates" and "individuals".

They don't deserve to be called brothers and sisters. I guess you need to stop going to the meetings and

stop going out in service then you qualify to be an "inactive brother or sister."

If if looks like a cult and walks like a cult and talks like a cult then it must me a cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    it was proudly annouced that 51 million Kingdom News

No. 37 were placed.

Even if that number were true, and the vast majority didn't wind up in JW's trunks, or mag. pile,
    it would still be a pitiful showing.

If 6.5 million JW's actually place 10 each, that would beat that number. The pioneers alone
    could move 51 million of these flyers. While they may put a positive spin on this, it is clearly
    low.

The truth is that the Borg publishing Company wanted to place these because they already
    printed them. The publishers are tired of these special campaigns.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Interesting how you picked up on something different! What a laugh a big hoot!

I looked up all the bible scriptures and they did not apply to the topic!

Inactive hmm why did they call her sister. I guess all of us inactive apostates are brothers/sisters until we get together and do research. What a hoot!

Another thing! JWs tracts are used for toilet paper!

• sir82
    sir82

Was the 51 million tracts placed for the whole world, or just the US?

• minimus
    minimus

JWD has a lot of inactive brothers and sisters.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    looked up all the bible scriptures and they did not apply to the topic

Hmph! So what's new?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Years ago, we used to have these campaigns that were actually very few and far between as compared t what seems to be the norm for JWs today. We "eagerly" anticipated and prepared for the coming events and did all we were expected to do. The WTS presented this "urgent work" as once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a part of something exciting.

It sure seems now that the WTS has used their now-typical overkill to pound the JWs over the head with these Kingdom News numbers whatever----and with ANYTHING that is done to death---the "specialness" has long ago worn off.....to be greeted with a hearty YAWN.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes the thought control police are on the job, they really are trying to place that box over the flocks heads tightly.....a mind is a terrible thing to waste isn't.

Power is useless unless you learn to maintain it

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

That was a very tasty morsel indeed.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

So let me get this straight. You didn't like the infamous September KM?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit