Snakes had legs until Eden curse! Watchtower 1880 till 1974!!!

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

where is the second scan from? The one that says they had legs.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Darth...

where is the second scan from? The one that says they had legs.

It came from...

w646/1p.352QuestionsFromReaders***

Sorry, I normaly cite the reference.

I think there are other "snake with legs" references...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

See this detail from an illustration in the 1943 book "The Truth Shall Set You Free"

alt

There goes a snake on all fours , talking to Eve

• greendawn
    greendawn

They never got their scientific facts right in all that time, if they had a basic understanding of science they would have known that snakes unlike lizards don't and never did have legs.

• RR
    RR

Is this what's become of this forum, arguing whether the serpent had legs? Get a life man!

While we're at it, let's debate whether or not Adam had a belly button, or whether the stink in farts was a result of the fall.

RR

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Is this what's become of this forum, arguing whether the serpent had legs? Get a life man!

While we're at it, let's debate whether or not Adam had a belly button, or whether the stink in farts was a result of the fall.

RR

oooooh get you.

so no apology for previous erroneous thinking..and i wonder if the wrong info will now be included in an index

i put this in scandals cos i dont care whether or not snakes ever had legs-and i dont think it is much of a scandal either way...its just i knew it was in the wt but once again i find the index does not direct you to it..this is happening too frequently

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/88714/1.ashx

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thanks for that pic BluesBrother - it's excellent !

• RR
    RR

Whether the serpent had legs isn't a doctrine!

RR

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Whether the serpent had legs isn't a doctrine!

RR

No but it is indicative of the Society's methods: Telling the R&F that black is black, then black is white - and expecting them to accept it !

Not a biggiee - but sometimes daft changes like this have made some JWs sit up and think (in my experience anyway)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Who cares if it was doctrine, its highly entertainment remembering all this crock of horse excrement they pass off as truth.

Chill.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit