Snakes had legs until Eden curse! Watchtower 1880 till 1974!!!

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vienne
  • vienne
    vienne

"they used to show pictures of the "vestigial rear limbs" on such species as certain Boas to prove that this happened as they taught. It you teach it in your magazines"

Can you cite an example. I'd love to see that.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

It is my understanding that this was not a belief unique to Jehovah's Witnesses. My best friend, who was raised a Baptist, told me that she learned this same foolishness in Sunday School when she was a child back in the 1950's.

• moley
    moley

So god must have been confused on which lizard to curse as there are hundreds of species of snakes

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Both the Boa and Python share that vestigial rear limb gene. I saw a yellow python with some a long time ago at a public venue. The snake had large dual talons on either side of its body. They were rubbing up against the scales. It could move them at will. The talons looked like eagle claws.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Doesn't everyone know that it was a serpent and serpents have legs?

It was not a snake.

How is this even an issue?

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

They believe the serpent had legs in the Watchtower June 1, 1964. Question from Readers.

They don't believe the serpent had legs in the Watchtower June 15, 2007. Question from Readers.

It all depends on who is in charge at the time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Rattigan350 - Doesn't everyone know that it was a serpent and serpents have legs?”

Right.

One of these guys:

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I have to admit, the story is much better if we assume that Eve was tempted by Quetzalcoatl.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A fabulous Quetzalcoatl. 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit