Snakes had legs until Eden curse! Watchtower 1880 till 1974!!!

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Often flicking through Watchtower bound volumes I would see pictures of Eden which shows the snake in the tree of knowledge with legs?? Even the Photo Drama of creation shows a snake with legs.

Watchtower 1964 p.352 "Genisis 3;14 {Snake}On your belly you will go and dust you shall eat...before God curse it the snake had legs, that elivated it above the ground...God transformed it's body so that it ceased to have legs and was able to move on it's belly."

God's Eternal Purpose 1974 "God did not put a curse on the whole serpent family...it had only been victimized by Satan.

Forrest Gump Watchtower science is price-less!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Good catch my friend !

Here is the New Light on the matter from this year's June 15th Watchtower :

alt

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That sounds more reasonable...that's it then, I'm back in the truth!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

And here for the sake of archivists is a scan of the article that 007 cited.

alt

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Here are Ricky Gervais' comments on the serpents legs ...(YouTube Video)

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/08/ricky-gervais-live-book-of-genesis.html

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

OOPS - bit of a connection problem !

Duplicate post

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

...and again.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Boy now thats an examply of gods spirit directed organization, telling its memebers that snakes had legs before mans sin, give me a break!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

So...Snakes had legs, but evolution doesn't exist. Got it. :P

• dust
    dust

So... doing Bible research and learning Greek would be just as silly as genealogy research (Sept KM). The question whether snakes had legs is much more important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit