Are You Sure That You Don't Still Think & Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

How did you act???

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Not wild and crazy enough for whoever it was that told me that I guess. I honestly don't remember who it was, and I realize they were just trying to be helpful so I'm not mad.

I'm just not by nature a very outgoing person, that combined with my (lack of) style I suppose did it.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Do you still have JW traits left remaining within you?

No, but I have been out a long time.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yep.

• jws
    jws

I was born and raised a JW. There were things aside from straight doctrine, values that I probably still live with. Those may not be JW-exclusive values, but it was in the JW context that I first learned them. Things like trying to be humble, not trying to hurt others, etc.

There are some religious doctrines that I still hold on to as well, yet I'd like to feel I'm open-minded about those. It's just that I've never tried to go back and re-examine everything. Some of those beliefs just don't ever come up.

Since I also have remaining family that is JW, I still do try to understand and predict their reactions to things so that I can keep talking to them. So I do need to remember HOW a JW thinks, even if I no longer think that way.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont like politicians, I think they are all corrupt and liars.

I dont think much of the military.

I'm alright with gays, withces, warlocks.

I'm suspicious and apprehensive of the Bush Boys new world oreder and 60 points of light.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

But the certainty and self reassurance of some of the statements I've read, the rhetorical quality of it all, is sometimes reminiscent of the same sort of arguments I used to see used against babylon the great, the wild beast, and the spirit of the world.

AMEN...ROLLERBLADE

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah I still shun people, but I'm okay with that I sorta think it's normal behavior when someone is being a creep or is not worth associating with.

• knock knock
    knock knock

:::::I know what i'm trying to say here but i don't think it will make sense to anyone else lol!:::::

I gave up at "starkers"! :)

Actually though, as with accents, you can say anything Englishy and it's quite okey doke!

• exwitless
    exwitless
    wash that tower right out of my hair

That's funny - thanks for the chuckle.

RollerDave: I was intrigued by your comments about 'Jehovah=WTS, so disbelief in WTS=atheism'. Very interesting perspective.

Do I think and act like a dub? I don't think so. It's hard to say objectively, but I definitely feel more free to speak my mind and think freely. That's a step in the right direction. I wasn't raised in 'da troof'. I joined willingly on my own (along with LDB) when I was 18. Stupid...stupid...stupid... Anyway, I would think that one who was raised in 'da troof' would have a much harder time shedding the borg mindset, because they were brainwashed while the brain itself was still growing, learning, making neural connections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit