Are You Sure That You Don't Still Think & Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm positive! I didn't think or act like a Jdub when I was one! You know, when you are force fed somthing you usually end up throwing it up, that was me! My parent's forced it down my throat and I pucked it right back at them everytime!

nj

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes quite positive, but then again I've been out for 30 years now, I could not say that though when I just started to fade away there were still some very closely knit

lines there for a few years after leaving since I was brought up a JW .

After reading many posters in this forum stating their problems leaving J-dumbom does bring back some emotionally bad times and I certainly

have allot of empathy for those people.

Being intellectually free from a mind controlling cult is a good thing, not only for myself but for everyone.

• educ8self
    educ8self

Yes Minimus you have these subtle behaviors, but are they exclusive to JWs? Why frame it in terms of JWism? There are no doubt certain nuances that are specific to JWs, but it may be that JWs and exJWs are just not that unique - depending on what level you are looking at.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have been out for too long to carry JW behaviour traits, got rid of them long ago, celebrating Christmas, Birthdays, dabbling in politics and Christian religions, directing my sexual and social life just as I wish.

• Mum
    Mum

Okay, I'm not sure what thoughts and actions you mean, so I asked my friends if they would take me for a JW. Unanimously, the answer was No. Thank the Lord! Anyway, I'm one of the more fortunate ones here, in that I had a non-JW childhood for the most part, which must make it much easier.

• minimus
    minimus

Every once in a while, my old "elder ways" come out. Or maybe I watched too much Perry Mason as a kid.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

not really-

that was one of the red flags that kept coming up proving that I did NOT belong-

why didn't I think it was a great idea to quit college in your last semester to go live at bethel?

why did I think it was weird that women weren't allowed to express themselves to other brothers- it could only come from their husbands or fathers *rolls eyes*

why was my response to kids who told me they wanted to get baptized, "Why?!!"

And why did I always make sure there was plenty of alcohol at MY "gatherings"?

my thinking was never in line with theirs

• minimus
    minimus

GOOD, Younglove! And welcome!!!

• eclipse
    eclipse

I was just told the other day that I have Satan's influence on me, in me,

(who knows, maybe Satan had sex with me when I wasn't looking?)

because I am refusing to let Holy Spirit run my life, so,

I think it's safe to say that I don't think or act like a JW

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

When I went to the Apostafest here in Dallas this summer I was told that I still do. I dunno if it's that, or I'm just a boring introvert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit