Are You Sure That You Don't Still Think & Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you still have JW traits left remaining within you? Be honest.

• Mum
    Mum

Please describe or define JW traits versus traits of human beings in general. Thanks.

• tfjw
    tfjw

Honestly speaking, unfortunately, I do. I try to recognize those on a daily basis and wash that tower right out of my hair. I was born and raised in the tower and it is still very difficult to get rid of those evil influences.

• NYer Girl
    NYer Girl

Sometimes, I'll walk outside in the morning and think, "Wow, today would be a great day for preaching!" After 6 years these thoughts still appear unbidden and I chuckle at how far I've come since then.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Machine Gun 2Running Away In Circles..AcidEvil Banana..Woohoo 2..I`m just fine!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Honestly, no.

I never really fit in as a witness. I was much too open minded. :D

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am doing more things exactly the opposite. They tell me not to look at apostate Web sites (poison), so I go there anyway and find that they are not poison. They tell me not to celebrate Christmas, so I have my Christmas tree up already. They tell me that independent thinking is bad and that we should wisely shun it, so I encourage people to think on their own, even getting and reading sources that directly oppose my viewpoint so they can get a balanced perspective and form a valid opinion.

I have found that "worshiping the Watchtower Satan" helps. That way, whatever they tell me, I will do what I feel like anyway. Whatever is bad in the Tower's eyes that I feel like doing (and have the opportunity to do so), I will go right ahead and do it anyway. As for Ted Jaracz, that humanoid is among the low life scumbags that wants to take away all human consciousness and freedom.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I'm sure that I don't still think and act like a Jehovah's Witness. I am no longer captive to their way of thinking. The Watchtower Organization, meeting attendance, field service, book studie,.Bible studies, preaching and reaching out for the "Carrot" have long left my thinking mind. There is no "Jehovah" anymore for me.

Blueblades

• dobbie
    dobbie

No i've totally shed all that baggage! I never think of meetings or assemblies or fs except to think how glad i am i don't have to do it anymore. Someone could run down my road starkers with a pair of pants on his head and it wouldn't bother me, i am much more open minded and tolerant of others and myself, i no longer think of people as sheep or goats and if i did then it would to feel sorry for those sheep 'led around being pushed into the pen as it were by the elders with all their silly rules. I much prefer goats, they have their own personalities and won't be oushed around lol.(I know what i'm trying to say here but i don't think it will make sense to anyone else lol!)

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Who cares if we do? Does everything they do HAVE To be negative? Really....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit