Ask Jehovah anything you'd like...

by nvrgnbk 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Jehovah logs onto JWD to see the lastest questions on the "Ask Jehovah Anything You'd Like. . ." thread.

He laughs at the one about his shoe size.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Actually, there's nothing wrong in asking Jehovah questions; in fact sometimes we have to ask him questions, because although he's the almighty Creator of the universe, he doesn't think things through all the time, and can need some input from imperfect humans.

The precedence for this is in the Bible, for instance:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it [is] a stiffnecked people: Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit [it] for ever. And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." (Exodus 32:9 - 14, KJV)

Abraham did the same:

"And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that [are] therein? That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes. And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which [am but] dust and ashes: Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for [lack of] five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy [it]. And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do [it] for forty's sake.And he said [unto him], Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do [it], if I find thirty there. And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy [it] for twenty's sake. And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy [it] for ten's sake." (Genesis 18:23 - 32, KJV)

-You could of course say that Jehovah of course knew these things and never intended to eradicate them all, and was only testing Moses and Abraham to see how they would react. But what then if they had said nothing against him? He'd look pretty stupid then, wouldn't he?: "Erm - actually I didn't mean that - it was kinda a test to see if you would correct me or not... You were supposed to correct me. But you didn't so... erm... Oh well - I can't very well smite you for it since you're Moses/Abraham, but consider this a warning". I kinda doubt that would've been the resulting story in the Bible.

• poppers
    poppers

Sorry clam, I think you've got Jehovah confused with the Buddha.

• Scully
    Scully

OK, Jehovah, this question has been bugging me for a while.

The battle of Armageddon is supposed to be your way of ridding the earth of wickedness. Fair enough. I get that. But what is with the idea that you're going to get the survivors to restore the earth to a paradise? I mean, with you being Almighty and all, it's fine for you to destroy cities, and 99.9% of the world's population and whatever to show how powerful you are... but why can't you clean up your own damn mess? Why do you need people to do it for you?

The other question I have might be a bit sensitive given your position and all that, but still it's been weighing heavily on my mind for years, and I just can't figure it out.

In your Word, the Bible, it is written - allegedly by you yourself - that it is an offense punishable by death to impregnate a woman to whom you are not married. It is considered - and these are allegedly your standards regarding fornication and adultery - especially heinous to violate a virgin, particularly one who is promised in marriage to another man. The penalty for these crimes - according to standards that are allegedly yours - is execution of both parties in the event of consensual activities, or the male party must take the female party as wife and never be permitted to divorce her in the event of non-consensual activities. So, where I'm going with this is as follows: remember Mary?? She was betrothed to Joseph, and you got her pregnant. Does that make you an adulterer? How come - considering the allegedly consensual nature of the conception - nobody got executed? How come Joseph ended up raising your kid? Does that seem fair to you? Did you ever pay any child support? Apparently Jesus knew his parentage - were you allowed regular visitation? Is he really your only kid? How do we know? What's with the double standard?

• Clam
    Clam

LOL @ Poppers. Could be.

Good questions Scully. Regarding the second question: that kind of "heavenly/human body interaction once resulted in the Nephilim and all sorts of other problems leading to the Flood.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm beginning to think you're not real, Jehovah.

How does that make you feel?

Angry?

Sad?

Are you laughing?

Do you care?

Do you understand why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit