Another girl topic not for the guys

by mrsjones5 38 Replies latest members private

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Divacup. hmmm

How on earth would you use that in a public restroom? You would have remove it, drain it, leave your stall to rinse it out in the sink, return, and reinsert. Messy for you. Not sanitary for everyone else, let alone traumatizing.

I don't think I'll ever be able to drink another shot as long as I live. :-)

*off to hurl*

Take a paper cup into the stall with you filled with water. Handle your business.

It's not terribly messy, but you do have to be comfortable with coming into contact w/your own menstrual blood. If you can't handle that, the cup is not for you.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Mrsjones5 -- You are right about PEC he doesn't do laundry at all.

Ninja --- We are made out of sweet things, sugar and spice and all things nice. We are Angels, don't you know. lol Sorry girls I don't have that problem any more.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • aSphereisnotaCircle
  • aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    More Power to YOU!! I am thinking of just getting Mirena instead.

The Mirena works quite nicely,

I have not had any periods in the three years I've been using it.

• winnie
    winnie

Has anyone tried Implanon? I just got one yesterday, and my arm hurts like hell!

Better that than baby number 6 though!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Oh, why didn't I listen?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I can't give a personal recommendation but I can pass one on;

http://www.softcup.com/

The Wiki articles are quite comprehenive too;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloth_menstrual_pad

Speaking as a man quite influenced by his woman's opinion in this area, panty liners "seem like girl diapers and are uncomfotable and icky", and I think that would apply to cloth and paper ones.

Tampons are comfier for some women.

However my fiance swears by softcups, and it is so not needed to discard one each day as they rinse well and can be used for an entire period. She's very pragmatic about blood and comfortable with her own body; as has been commented already, for some people it would seem gross.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I've been thinking about this alot.I use disposable pads.About the 3 day in my menstration I get a rash on the outside of my private.It hurts to sit move or walk.It doesn't matter if I have hair down there or not( I shave but I stop when I'm on my cycle because it hurts worse).I still get this rash.It could be the cemicals in the pads or it could be lack of air cirulation while wearing disposable pads that causes it.I change my pad more often now then I ever have and I still get the rash.

I have very sensitive skin as it is.I'm thinking I might be allergic to the pads themselves.But I've never known what else I could use.So I keep using these pads and keep getting this rash every month.I've tried all kinds of brands and after a few cycles of using the same brand I get the rash again.

I talked to my Mom about this today and she told me that when she was younger she used cloth pads.She agreed with me that it's heathier for me to use cloth pads because of this rash that I get.She said I used to get diaper rash from disposable diapers when I was a baby and she had to use cloth diapers on me.

Thank you Mrs.Jones I never would have thought to use cloth pads without this thread.I'm going to try them.I can't sew so I've been looking to buy them online and I've found many great sources to get them.I think I'm going to get the organic cotten ones with a nylon lining to preven leaks.I was wondering what I should use to wash them??I was thinking of getting baby laundry soap because it has less harsh cemicals in it right??Also I read if you soak them in cold water and borax with a little soap they shouldn't stain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit