by mrsjones5 38 Replies latest members private

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Looking into the diva cup as well.

I'm looking into that too cuz I hate tampons, they just don't work for me

http://www.divacup.com/

• Honesty
    Honesty

My JW ex-spouse made her own out of cloth.

I hear it is the 'Rage' where she is from (Eastern Europe).

BTW, I didn't touch the laundry closet either when it was that 'time' again.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't know if I'd try this one, but I don't have to worry about this because the "crib is gone" now it's just a playpen

Let me know how it works!

nj

• changeling
    changeling

1- TMI

2- Ewww!!

3- I'm all for saving the environment but sometimes we need to be saved from ourselves.

changeling

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1- TMI

2- Ewww!!

3- I'm all for saving the environment but sometimes we need to be saved from ourselves.

It's only TMI if you don't have to deal with this issue every month.

When I started I didn't get any information or help from my mother. Wanna know who told me about this stuff? My school! Mother acted like nothing was happening even going as far as teasing and calling me a liar when I had severe cramps and being absolutely no help when I had a heavy flow. I have one daughter and I think it would benefit her more if I taught her to be practical about this, let her know that this is natural and nothing to be ashamed about, and how to take care of her body. If she wants to use paper napkins and tampons that's her choice but at least there's an alternative. At this point in my life I'm tired of the expense and discomfort (yeah I said discomfort - flashing back to that damn sticky strip on my delicate bits) and a bit of cloth against my body is so much more appealing than paper with the added benefit of being good for the enviroment.

• unique1
    unique1

More Power to YOU!! I am thinking of just getting Mirena instead.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

It's only TMI if you don't have to deal with this issue every month.

When I started I didn't get any information or help from my mother. Wanna know who told me about this stuff? My school! Mother acted like nothing was happening even going as far as teasing and calling me a liar when I had severe cramps and being absolutely no help when I had a heavy flow. I have one daughter and I think it would benefit her more if I taught her to be practical about this, let her know that this is natural and nothing to be ashamed about, and how to take care of her body. If she wants to use paper napkins and tampons that's her choice but at least there's an alternative. At this point in my life I'm tired of the expense and discomfort (yeah I said discomfort - flashing back to that damn sticky strip on my delicate bits) and a bit of cloth against my body is so much more appealing than paper with the added benefit of being good for the enviroment.

The following link has some "goddess" talk, otherwise it's a pretty cool resource for little women.

http://www.womanwisdom.com/

• Kudra
    Kudra

They also sell sea sponges that you use like a tampon and can rinse and reuse. You boil them to disinfect em.

The pads I've heard of are called "Glad Rags" haha!

BUT, I think that if I put all my used tampons in a bag and then put all my other trash in another bag, that, over the course of a year the tampons would be less than a tenth of a percent of my total garbage volume for the year. Maybe even less than that??

So: I will instead use the time that it would take to do the reusable tampons to be more efficient with garbage in general and reduce the volume by, say, 25% (I think that is doable) by purchasing food in bulk, not buying items with tons of packaging etc.

I think that the reusable tampon thing is sorta "straining out the gnat" if you aren't like a total recycle/reuse nazi in the first place.

Like, if you have even bought something in a disposable plastic box in the past 2 months, don't even think that reusing pads is going to make a difference...

I'm not being self righteous here, just realistic...

Thoughts?

-K

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Personally tampons just don't work for me. I'm a heavy flow gal and when it gets really bad I'm using super plus tampons and overnite pads during the day, changing every 2 hours and I still have leaks. Now I don't expect the Dive cup to totally take away that problem but I'd rather try that than continue something that just isn't working.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Responding so I can mark the thread...

This seems like a pretty good idea. Like you Mrs. Jones, I can't do tampons either. Oh, and I HATE getting the sticky side on to me, a major ouch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit