I Believe She's Trying to Get me Disfellowshipped!

by R.F. 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

RF you have had a lot of advice to take action- restraining order...certified letter...totally ignore. I propose honey instead of vinegar. Any of the items mentioned so far could make things worse, esp. restraining orders for the mentally disturbed! I recall a Scripture about heaping fiery coals on someone by being nice, or something like that. It would probably really yank her chain if you showed concern, interest, and tried to wean her off, not that you have any reason to.

just a thought....oompa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I keep recommending "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker. I wonder if anyone ever takes my advice and reads it? Hard to tell. However, here I am again, recommending that you read this book, right away.

I have that book and highly recommend it too.

• snowbird
    snowbird

RF you have had a lot of advice to take action- restraining order...certified letter...totally ignore. I propose honey instead of vinegar. Any of the items mentioned so far could make things worse, esp. restraining orders for the mentally disturbed! I recall a Scripture about heaping fiery coals on someone by being nice, or something like that. It would probably really yank her chain if you showed concern, interest, and tried to wean her off, not that you have any reason to.

just a thought....oompa

My nephew tried that and was rewarded with a bullet to the head on September 4, 1994 - 13 years ago today.

Snowbird

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Snowbird,

I am so sorry. purps

RF

I just wanted to give you a big hug for all your dealing with. I know this must be difficult.

purps

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I propose honey instead of vinegar. Any of the items mentioned so far could make things worse, esp. restraining orders for the mentally disturbed! I recall a Scripture about heaping fiery coals on someone by being nice, or something like that. It would probably really yank her chain if you showed concern, interest, and tried to wean her off, not that you have any reason to.

I'm sorry but I have to strongly disagree with that. Any kind action like that is just like adding fuel to a fire and will only make it worst.

So sorry about your nephew Snowbird

Josie

• sspo
    sspo

If she is a nut, avoid her at all cost and don't have any contact with her.

No matter what you do and say,you'll never win if she is a mental case.

Talking from experience.

• flipper
    flipper

First of all, Snowbird, I am deeply sorry for what happened to your nephew. So, R.F. listen very carefully to what some posters are saying from experience. There are some very mentally unstable people on this planet, you might say emotionally, they are loaded guns. You can't predict with accuracy what they will do, because they are devious. My ex wife of 9 years still tries to manipulate my life and control my relationship with my adult daughters, how? By coercing them even in their young 20's to hate me, because of leaving the witnesses.

The posters suggestion to not be alone with this person is a very good suggestion. You might have good , feeling sorry motives for her, but don't be blind. With what she has pulled, she has it out for you. Just be smart , the advice about taking legal action is good if she continues harassing you. You have a right to a peaceful life, take it

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I'm sorry but I have to strongly disagree with that. Any kind action like that is just like adding fuel to a fire and will only make it worst.

I agree... she doesn't need that kind of attention.. it will compound the issue..

I'd stay clear of her..

and I'd *57 any calls she makes to you..

• R.F.
    R.F.

R.F. checking back in...

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! You have given me some things to think about.

She called again a little while ago so I answered and told her....

"This is my final time asking you, but please stop calling me. Please refrain from contacting me in any way, shape, or form". *Click*...........

If she doesn't respect my request then I think i'll consider the idea about having the letter sent to her from a lawyer. This just has to stop! Life is too short to put up with this, and i'm not gonna let her run me anymore. She can go tell the elders whatever she wants...she has no proof of ANYTHING, and if I "get in trouble" over lies, I know I won't lose my family

oompa...I really appreciate your suggestion. It would seem that it would help with dealing with people, but she is a totally different case. That will only make matters worse, and what i'm dealing with out of her now is proof of that.

You all are awesome! Thanks again!

I'm so sorry that happened to your nephew snowbird.

R.F.(wishing he would have listened to his ex-future mother-in-law and stayed away from this relationship to begin with)

• Scully
    Scully
    wishing he would have listened to his ex-future mother-in-law and stayed away from this relationship to begin with

Wow. When a girl's mom tells a guy to stay away from her daughter for his own sake.... you know the girl is whack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit