The Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie thread

by Lady Lee 56 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Lady Lee, Have you checked with Farkel to see if he has this backed-up?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I made some posts on that thread recently (July)...

I am not able to access them through my post history.

It was just a thought

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Zazu It is so nice to know you still frequent JWD. I hope you are doing well. I miss him.

Farkel comes here so infrequently that I doubt he would get any PM I sent him. Perhaps someone else has his email address

Hopefully someone else saved it as html or mtl. They may have not seen this thread because they are busy on this long weekend

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have thankfully received some HTML copies of the thread current up to at least January. I am currently working on formatting the posts into PDF format and they actually look very nice so far...preserving much of the original look of the thread. I am adding some other additional information to the document, including other posts larc made that add further information.

ZazaWitts...It's nice to see you too. *hugs* I am wondering if you happen to have the photo of Berta that Carl had in his materials. That is one thing that would help complete things, if we may discover what she really looked like.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I don't suppose that anyone has it stored in their windows "temporary internet files" ??

Might be worth a look. I have purged mine since my last visit, so I don't have it, just a few scans of the passanger lists etc

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I especially would like to know if anyone has the last page cached.

I just finished page 1 and it looks very nice.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Lady Lee, I have sent Farkel a message re this topic - got his voice mail. Hopefully he will get it soon. Leolaia - Larc's photos are the ONLY items I have not yet gone through. Since I'm feeling fairly well, I will make an effort to check out the pixs for one of Berta. As a young woman she reminded me of a dark-haired version of Michele Pfiffer. I will let you know.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My cache only holds things for 1 month before it gets deleted

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, Zazu, that would be awesome if we can see what Berta looked like.

Just an update on what I'm doing, I'm up to page 8 of the thread, and the document is looking very nice...it has a "JWD-esque" look without any messy code. But to do this, I have to fill in each cell by hand, so it is quite labor-intensive. But the final result will be well worth it!

• Farkel
    Farkel

I only have a copy of the original post. I have no objection to it being published, but since I offered it free no one else should profit from it. If anyone deserves credit for it, it is larc and unfortunately, he is in a place where such things are no longer important.

It's good to see there is still interest in the subject. If anything shows the unbelievable hypocrisy of Watchtwer leaders, the story of Berta and Bonnie is certainly one of the more important ones.

I hope the entire thread can be resurrected. If not, what is left of the thread should be crystalized into the significant findings and research. The last time I checked, it had over 20,000 page views and had been translated and posted into Spanish and French at least. The er, spicy subject matter has generated quite a bit of interest. Dubs are obsessed with sex anyway, so that shouldn't be much of a surprise!

I can be reached at [email protected].

Cheers!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit