The Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie thread

by Lady Lee 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had a friend who did his whole dissertation on how children learn the word "with". Pretty cool, but kinda funny that it was all on this one word.

I don't know about it as an actual book. Seems better as an archive on the web than a book that you pick up and read...especially as it is more about a search for the truth than any one point. I would like to edit the format though before it is turned into a PDF as it seems to need cleanup with the scripts and formatting, if it is saved as html or whatnot (I'm not sure what format it was saved in).

It's a crying shame though if the original thread was corrupted. One of my favorite threads was corrupted once and I hated that I lost all the research and writing I did.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, one thing I have wanted to do is distill the key information that was put together in Farkel's thread in an easy-to-read essay that fits the pieces together, so I would like to write that up sometime when I have time.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was wandering through a few of my old posts looking for something when I tried to open the thread.

So far I see i have it saved as a WORD file - each of the 27 pages are saved as individual files.

I might have it saved as mht files (the format that Simon is using here) or html (the older format) but I haven't found it yet

leolaia I could email the pages to you if you PM your email address to me

• VM44
    VM44

JWD is disintegrating?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't think anyone should profit from the work that so many contributed freely so I wouldn't go the Lulu direction.

But I do think the info should be available. The info that was uncovered was amazing and shouldn't disappear

The WORD files present the initial post and than all responses are included down each page with the posters ID so we know who posted what piece.

• VM44
    VM44

There were at least 28 pages in that thread.....Could lengthy multi page threads have been deleted during Simon's indexing of the site?

I hope the "Golden Age Goodies" thread hasn't vanished also!

EDITED: "Golden Age Goodies" is still there. That thread is "only" 12 pages though.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have 28 pages saved. I can't promise that I got the last posts on the 28th page. Someone might have added to it after I saved it.

Earlier today I came across a couple of other threads with the error message. Drat I didn't take note of what they were

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have been other threads that disappeared a while back. Between what I have been looking for and the Best of I can say there are very few that have disappeared. Mind you I`m not checking the Fluff threads

I suspect it might be a software problem when the site gets saved. I think Simon has it set to daily which is why so few things get lost. But glitches happen and sometimes things do get lost

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So even if we have an archive, is that thread officially dead?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The one that Big Tex and I were upset to have lost was never retrieved. I think Simon said it was impossible to resurrect. And we didn't have a copy saved - which is why I do save some things now.

I have this odd obsession with collecting information. I might never need it but I have it. At least what I want to collect

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit