How many of you still believe in God or are still Christians?

by JWCartPusher 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I still believe in God and am a Christmas
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I'm still in, reading the gospels and the new testament has kept my faith.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    And how about the OLD Testament???
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    .....for Statistical purposes do you mind if I do a survey and see how many of you are believers?
    Please don't post if your not a believer.....

So after you remove or ignore all those you asked not to post- the nonbelievers, how many of the "only believers" were believers? Please update us on how your "survey" went.

Hey, maybe we are reading this wrong. Maybe you want people who used to be Jehovah's Witnesses who still believe in God to respond so you can see how many are still Christians. (Although you didn't word it quite that way.) Do you seriously expect even a small percentage of former God-believers from a Jesus-based faith to now be Hindus or Muslims or worshipers of Odin?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I'm not a christian any more I find its precepts to be untenable, and through a more in depth research have no religion.
  • JWCartPusher
    JWCartPusher

From belief in some Sky Daddy, God or Creator to belief that there might have been a God, god, gods or someone who put things in place. How do you keep your faith after getting burned by the Watchtower? I need help trying to keep my faith that God still cares about us, my goal is to see if it's possible to be involved in a personal relationship with the Creator and his Son, or if your Buddhist or Hindu, or anyone who believes in a Higher Power that keeps you going. If I am still ambiguous please let me know,

We all were programmed with a "false dilemma' or "false choice" by the Watchtower, "If they don't have the Truth, nobody does!' How did you overcome the nagging feeling that we failed to keep ourselves sharp?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I need help trying to keep my faith that God still cares about us.....JWcartpusher

Image result for good luck with that....Image result for god watching tv

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Since other athiests commented here I will too..

I started as a real believer in JW religion and Jehovah. Once the Documentary Hypothsis was put to me in a book and the evidence of Babylonian text word per word the same as Genesis I went to see if evolution could be true when i found 100% proof I was done with belief... (See my other posts)

I was Agnostic as I know the god of the bible was false but hey all is possible... as the years have passed though I would say seeing the giraffe dissected and Prof. Dawkins showing us the stupidious arrangement finished my agnosticism... I'm an atheist.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I need help trying to keep my faith that God still cares about us, my goal is to see if it's possible to be involved in a personal relationship with the Creator and his Son, or if your Buddhist or Hindu, or anyone who believes in a Higher Power that keeps you going.

Why? Why do you need help? A personal relationship with one who does not answer is nothing. If a few or even a few billion people tell you what you want to hear, that doesn't change how "the creator and his son" don't answer.

Start with living a good life and stop assuming that throwing a dart at a wall of belief will help you pick the right belief system. If "their" God existed, shouldn't "He" understand why you left religion after being burned and turned to logic and science until you hear from Him?

• prologos
    prologos
    I can not be a Christian, because that would be believing in the need for a ransom, the fall, the sin, the eloquent snake. Are the egalitarian teachings attributed to The Carpenter commendable? yes, but,-- I am a deist, believing in a creator that build-in all the needed energy and instructions into the universe, no further fiddling required that is detectable. We live in great works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit