YK on WT UN NGO STATUS

by You Know 99 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Ezekiel's Mystery "Chieftain"/Leader, A Sinner???

We read at Ezekiel 44:1-3 the following mysterious information about a FUTURE Temple of God's making and blessing,

"And he proceeded to bring me back by way of the gate of the Sanctuary, the outer one facing east, and it was shut. Then Jehovah said to me: "As regards this gate, shut is how it will continue. It will not be opened, and no mere man will come in by it; for Jehovah himself, the God of Israel, has come in by it, and it must continue shut. However, the chieftain -- as chieftain he himself will sit in it [the east gate], in order to eat bread before Jehovah. By way of the porch of the gate he will come in, and by way of it he will go out." -- Ezekiel 44:1-3

"And on that day, in his own behalf and in behalf of all the people of the land, the chieftain must provide a young bull as a sin offering." -- Ezekiel 45:22

Who is this mystery "Chieftain." Is it Jesus Christ? Or is it someone else? In the above quoted scripture, he is said to have made a "sin" offering for himself as well as for the people of the nation?

1) Why would Jesus Christ, a perfect, sinless person while on earth, need to do such a thing?

2) Also, is Jesus Christ today, in the form of a "man" who makes earthly sacrifices "for himself," to cover some sin that he may have committed?

3) Jesus dwells in heaven, the bible says, in powerful spirit form. He is not a man, anymore. But the Mystery "Chieftain" is a man. How could this person prove to be Jesus Christ, in human form, offering sacrifices for "sins" he has committed?

Bible scholars answer no. They say it is a man.

The Expositors Bible Commentary Volume 6 (released in 1986) page 974 makes this straightforward comment on the "chieftain's" identity. It says,

"Only the prince was permitted to enter this gate. He must enter and leave by way of the portico from the outer court only. His only function within that gate was to eat bread in the presence of the LORD, but exactly which meal or for what purpose is not stated.

"The identity of this prince has been a puzzle to many. The meaning of the Hebrew word nasi has in itself contributed to the problem. The English word prince connotes royalty. However, the word nasi would best be translated "leader" (cf. E.A. Speiser, "Background and Function of the Biblical Nasi," CBQ 25 [1963]: 111-17). This leader was not the Messiah, because the leader is made a sin offering for himself (cf. 45:22). If the leader" were Jesus Christ, then he, the Messiah, would need cleansing from sin. Such was not possible (cf. Heb 4:15). In addition, this leader had natural children (46:16), another impossibility for the Messiah. The leader was a man."

"The identity of the leader is unknown. He functions as the people's leader in their millennial worship, almost like a high priest, but not having the same role and function." -- Expositors Bible Commentary Volume 6, page 974

The Mystery "Chieftain" is not Jesus Christ. It is some one else. A man.

bjc

• You Know
    You Know
    a quick follow up to that idea: was yk the only person that thought y2k was going to create widespread chaos?

Yes. He was single handedly responsible for the entire Y2K phenomenon. Although Citicorp may be somewhat embarassed to admit it, YK caused them to spend over $1,000,000,000 upgrading their systems for the Y2K hoax. More recently YK has been implicated in the anthrax scare. / You Know

• Englishman
    Englishman

Thats 3 days, YK.

3 days have passed since you elected not to answer or even acknowledge my perfectly reasonable question.

The sad part is that I took your original post at face value, my question as to why you still felt some way bound to the WTBTS was a genuine one. I only hope that you haven't fallen into the JW trap of being selective as to what you answer, possibly even JUSTIFYING or RATIONALISING by comparing yourself to Jesus when he refused to answer those setting a trap for HIM.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• You Know
    You Know
    3 days have passed since you elected not to answer or even acknowledge my perfectly reasonable question.

That's not true. I acknowledged your question and pointed out that I am not Scripturally obligated to answer foolish and ignorant questions. If the question had been posed by a new poster I would gladly answer it. But knowing the source, and knowing that you have absolutely no interest in spiritual things, I am not inclined to waste my time with you. / You Know

• Englishman
    Englishman
    and knowing that you have absolutely no interest in spiritual things, I am not inclined to waste my time with you. / You Know

Thats a most remarkable assumption that you are making there, YK. If you had stated that I have no interest being a JW I would have agreed with you. I am of the opinion that spirituality is not something to be bandied around willy-nilly.

I still don't see why you feel the need to be so affiliated to the WTBTS, and, quite frankly, I get the impression that maybe you wont answer because you aren't so sure yourself.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

You know said:

"Yes. He was single handedly responsible for the entire Y2K phenomenon. Although Citicorp may be somewhat embarassed to admit it, YK caused them to spend over $1,000,000,000 upgrading their systems for the Y2K hoax. More recently YK has been implicated in the anthrax scare. / You Know"

Hehehehe... I can confirm that alot of corporations spent big bucks on Y2K.. If you were single handedly responsible for the Y2K scare, then I know alot of companies that would love to talk to you <laugh>..

Hey, I was nice, keep the Anthrax away from me please <g>..

It's very refreshing to see humor here, laughter is good for the sole!!!! Thanks for lightening up the moment!!!!

Peace be with you,
    - Wannahelp

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

YK I respectfully submit, being a newbie.

After listening to the verbal diatribe I ask why do you stubbornly stick to the misconception that the WTBTS is God's organization?
    They no more have a right to claim that classification, that any other religion. [ and a lot do ]
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that the WTBTS is "the disgusting thing standing where it ought not to be".

I can think of no other organization that has done more to blaspheme the name of Jehovah, than the WTBTS.

Take off the rose coloured glasses, and "flee to the mountains"

• JT
    JT

YK

I have to admit- you are on the money in ref to the issue of the WT and the UN- you have stated very clearly the flaw in Lefty's reasoning on the issue

a Union Job in noway compares to being the Very mouthpc of god

in a few more months you will be setting up your own XJW site

smile

• dubla
    dubla
    Yes. He was single handedly responsible for the entire Y2K phenomenon.

number one: i was alluding to the fact that many people on the earth believe in these ridiculous notions, (like y2k being the end), not just you, so there will always be "reliable" sources that you can quote to back up your ravings.

number two: is this the only thing you can come back with after being completely discredited ONCE AGAIN? LOL.

aa

• one
    one

YK SAID:

"All I have say to apostates who are busy trying to exploit this blunder so as to present this stumbling block before as many of their families and former friends as possible:

What you are doing get done more quickly. / You Know"

Sound like Jesus words to a 'traitor'. But i dont see the parallel.

What was the 'library card' Jesus requested? or Paul?
    or Peter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit